Release Which of the most-likely-not-emulated systems do you want?

686 - Win2k on a pandora is sexy. Infinity Engine, UT, Quake mods like Alice and Half Life.

N64 was a gaming monster here are just a few games that defined genre`s:

1.\ Goldeneye
2.\ Perfect Dark
3.\ Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
4.\ Legend Of Zelda: Majora`s Mask
5.\ Super Mario 64
6.\ Wave Race 64
7.\ 1080 Snowboarding
8.\ Space Station Silicon Valley
9.\ Banjo & Kazooie
10.\ Banjo Tooie

The list could go on and on and on...................

I'd love to see N64, Dreamcast, Psp and DS in that order. N64 has some great titles, including the best alternative to the PC version of starcraft imo.

I put dreamcast second because I doubt the performance will be as good as N64 could be on Pandora. But it is definitely something I would love to have.

Psp would be ok for the handful of games that I'm interested in playing, but I haven't seen any emulators that run commercial software on anything yet.

And I'd only want DS emulation so I would never ever need to carry both the Pandora and the DS around.

Saturn emulation would also be sweet, but it seems like most people think it would be near impossible.

I haven't checked if it's available, but I would like to see an Intellivision emulator. Don't expect to find one, though. :(

In most cases all wishful thinking, that's why they are considered "unlikely" on the pandora.
To me, way more interesting than the "unlikely bunch" of the gaming consoles would be how far the computer emus could go.
Like, could the Amiga Emu in future versions possibly emulate an Amiga 1200, 3000, 4000?
Could the Atari Emu do a Mega STE, TT, Falcon?

N64 just for GoldenEye. Multi-player GoldenEye on the move would be awesome :D

Dreamcast looks like a decent system but I've never played on one before. Just read an interesting article about SoulCalibur in the latest copy of RetroGamer though and it still seems to be the best version of the game released so far.

PSP and DS games seem to be just cut down versions of older games anyway. It would still be nice to have them on the Pandora, but I can easily live without them.

I'm also interested in how much things like Amiga emulation can be updated. I wouldn't use it for anything above an A1200 but it still interests me :)

It's not even on the list but since the ScummVM team is working on the GrimE engine, I'd love to see the Sith engine. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is based on this engine, and its expansion, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith.

Mqark said:
FM Towns would be quite nice.
3DO and CDI actually had some good games and Daphne for real Space Ace / Dragons Lair would be great!

Dragons Lair!!! I loved that game. That'd be wicked to see on the pandora. I still own my disc of it, which of course, Vista hates.....Vista hates most things that are awesome.

Could I just ask what people are planning to do about a button scheme if the N64 does somehow get emulated? You have almost all the right buttons except for two face buttons for the B and A. Would you have to have a shift key or bend your thumb down to the qwerty?

Also, if the PS1 does get emulated, what would be done about the second set of shoulder buttons? I ask because these things do matter to me. Back in the days of the GP32, I was impressed by all the emulators on it at the time but I kept asking myself (how do get a proper SNES experience with only two face buttons?)

I also want to just tell you guys that you are a great inspiration. These niggling complaints aside, the Pandora looks like a wonderful system and I hope it lives up to it's great potential. I also hope that I can somehow be there for it. I'm considering learning a bit of coding or CAD design (or both.)

Hi. :) Welcome to the dusty old forums.

There are a couple of options for the N64's A & B buttons. As you say there's the keyboard, I think P and Enter could work. They look like they're a bit out of the way, but Pandora is pretty small too. I guess we won't really know until we get hold of it.

Another option is the right analog nub. I map this to A/B in Surreal64 (on Xbox). It works really well for some games, like Road Rash 64, where I pull on the right stick to hit the brakes.

Playstation's dual shoulder buttons are a bit harder to map. The good news is, they have designed nice big solder pads into the PCB for easy connection of additional shoulder buttons (bless their cotton socks). So anyone keen to add a pair of tact switches under the existing buttons doesn't have to be a full on hardware hacker.

Ah yes, I'd read about those shoulder button solder points somewhere on these forums. Why doesn't the Pandora come standard with them shoulder buttons? Will it affect the external form factor too much for somebody who doesn't really want PS1 emulation? Does anybody have any pictures of their Pandora with secondary shoulder buttons?

I thought about using the analog nub and came up with the scenario of needing to press both B and A at once. The only thing that comes to mind might be something like Mario 64 where you need to be quick with punches and jumps.

Anyway... the reason I want to learn CAD design is because I see somethings with the Pandora I'd LOVE to be able to fiddle with. In the case of PS1 emulation, I'd have little "kick stands" that fold out of the back with the secondary shoulder buttons at the ends of them. For DS emulation, I'd love to have a swivel on the screen like the T-mobile Sidekick/Hip-top that stops at 90 degrees with the screen going down the control pad leaving the D-pad and face buttons accessible.

We don't have any finished Pandoras yet so no one's had a chance to do the mod. ;) I can't remember the exact reason they went with two shoulder buttons, but there are space constraints, and at the end of the day they just couldn't include every feature on the wishlist. The solder pads were a nice compromise though.

My envisioned N64 scheme:
I don't have a render in front of me, but I think my action buttons are in the logic place, if not you get my meaning.

Dpad = Dpad
Left Analog Nub = Analog Stick
Right Analog Nub = CPad
Left Shoulder = Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder = Right Shoulder
X = B
B = A
Y = Z
Start = Start

I think that covers everything.

Rapid C-button presses aren't needed for anything that I can think of. Playing the Ocarina on Zelda might be tricky, but I used a similar scheme using a PS2 Controller on my PC and using the right analog stick worked out okay there. Same goes for N64 emulation on the Xbox.

Back