Who Wold Like An Accelerometer On The Pandora?

RHCA

Still Fresh
Put your opinions avout this, it would help to orient the screen like on the iphone and it would make games funnier if connected to a screen

yeah let's do it

also let's put every episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm on there to make it even funnier :D prittttty pritttttty gooooood

RHCA said:
Put your opinions avout this
I think it is a very silly idea. Screen orientation is a non-issue, since there is only one sensible way to hold the device. You could hold it vertically for certain arcade games that use that aspect ratio, but MAME already has screen rotation as an option.

Motion-based game control is also a bad idea for a handheld. It is very hard to see the screen when you have to shake it around to control the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey learn to read read!!!!!!
[/quote]
When connected to a screen
[/quote]
What i mean us that if you connect it ot a tv or screen and you have by example a car game, which is my idea to make it should be fun to have that

To be honest I can't see that many apps and games taking advantage of it, plus one slip when waving it around and it could become a very expensive paperweight

RHCA said:

What i mean us that if you connect it ot a tv or screen and you have by example a car game, which is my idea to make it should be fun to have that

In your initial post you used the word screen twice in the same sentence with different meanings. That can easily confuse people.

Tv out's an extra, it's not really the primary purpose of the Pandora. And the tv out isn't that good anyway. (s-video 480i) So a feature like this would really not end up being used much. best left to modders, or maybe a Mk-II model. Pandora likely already has more variety of features than ANY other device on the market.

Isn't it already considered for a later add-on that will include TV out and what not?

RHCA said:

Hey learn to use forums!!!!!!
There is at least one topic about this already.

RHCA said:

I apologize for being unable to correctly interpret your poorly spelled, incorrectly punctuated run-on sentence.

Your clarification only makes your idea slightly less silly, but it is still completely impractical. If you are dead set on a driving game that requires an accelerometer and an external display, may I suggest this.

Failing that, my I suggest Excite Truck for the Wii.

Edit: corrected your quotes

I'de pick you on to but to tiered now. you knoe how it is? i here be=fore u, dey used to pick onh me, but they no more. i stop asking 4 accelermeter cause it no good idea. toop scr33n a at angle, it no work.

while I'd probably use the webcam much more than the accelerometer, it's already been discussed that there will be open pads that can be used to solder stuff in. I'd guess that there is a pad for i2c (that much was said), maybe a +3.3v/+5.0v (depending on the voltage of the system), maybe usb, JTAG, and a whole other slew of things. (i'd like to see as many pads as they can give us, that'd give some really badass options like that super micro bluetooth adapter soldered in with a switch.

Back