Whoops

When I read the first lines of the mail I thought... YES! An iPhone app so I could attach the iphone to my pandora via Bluetooth as a second controller for multi-user-action, but reading further I noticed my error and passed it on to my iPhone-colleagues.

Still it would be a nice addon to use the iPhone as Multitouchpad for the Pandora ;) (Finally this expensive thingy would have a good use!)

Sadly I'm not yet willing to jailbreak my Iphone. I can't be bothered to keep one step ahead of phone bricking apple updates.

Could perhaps someone pm me the latest Pandora newsletter? I can't wait any more and I have received only the wrong one.

edit: typos.

craigix said:
Some of you might get an email about the icontrolpad rather than the latest Pandora newsletter.

I clicked on the wrong list then canceled it, but the server still sent x amount of emails.

The curse of writing two newsletters at once. Whoops.

It's too late to send either now, so I'll do it in the morning.

Sorry, don't worry your email has not been cross contaminated to the other list, it was entirely just human error.

-Craig

Hey the morning is 7 minutes in the past, where's mah email, sucka foo!

Last edited by a moderator:
So there will come a Pandora newsletter today? Wasn't it promised that the next newsletter will be AFTER the shipping?

So big suprises coming or just a(nother) 'almost there'-newsletter?

The only email that has been sent so far is the Icontrol email(that I know of), which pretty much states everything that is in the latest update on the icontrol pad site. I actually saw the update yesterday morning, as I was telling a friend about the device, but didn't know how interested anyone here would be, so I didn't post the update. Also, sometimes you get chewed out for posting non releated Pandora items(I can never figure it all out, I must have a low IQ)!

Anyway, I am currently really interested in buying a ipod touch(no use for the phone). It seems to be a very good gaming handheld at this point. Many great titles for .99-5.00(sometimes 9.99) that really can't be beat. The icontrol pad just adds more interest for me personally. Added battery life, and improved controls are icing on the cake! I have always been against Apple products, but I'm a Gamer at heart, and a good gaming unit can't be ignored, so hopefully within the next few months, I'll give one a go!

Do any members use there iphones/touches for gaming, and if so how do you like the experiance? Also, can all ipod touches be jail broken? Which ipod touch version would you most recommend?

Chris

I suppose that this newsletter is about payment. Craig mentioned that they are sorting out orders of people who haven't paid, yet. Would be nice if the newsletter contains info for the AMEX people too, imo.

Sugar_Kane said:
Sadly I'm not yet willing to jailbreak my Iphone. I can't be bothered to keep one step ahead of phone bricking apple updates.

Snap - far too lazy to do that... at least so far as there has been little real reason to do jailbreak. But this may encourage me.

Interested to hear the price. Its no substitute for my (unborn) Pandora, but for Craig its a much bigger market. They sell millions of iphones every month. However, its also a much easier product for others to copy, so if this is successful, it will be much copied.

Slightly off topic, I still find it amusing the rabid anti-Apple attitude of many on here. Its impressive how irate people get about something they don't have. Don't like, don't buy. Its not even like MS where many are forced to use Windows... never heard of people being forced to use Apple products. Oh well, enthusiasm and passion are to be admired, even if oddly focussed.

Edited for spelling

jumpman said:
Do any members use there iphones/touches for gaming, and if so how do you like the experiance? Also, can all ipod touches be jail broken? Which ipod touch version would you most recommend?

Chris

I actually use my iPhone more for gaming than my Wiz at the moment, sadly. It's mainly a convenience thing - I always have my iPhone with me. I don't use it for emulation though, as the controls suck, which I guess is where the controlpad comes in.

But for the touch-based games, the iPhone/Pod Touch rules. Metal Gear Solid touch is amazing, as is De Blob, Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky, etc. It's definitely a viable gaming platform, and I'd highly recommend it.

Well, at least I know now why I got the email!
I hope this sells well as I am a bit indifferent on Apple products. Did the ipod w/video thing once and was happy to trade it for an Atari 2600. I hated how it handled music file storage and moved on to a Samsung t-10 which destroyed the ipod with sound quality. I won't need it much longer as my Pandora will be better than them all!

got my unsolicited icontrolpad email. now want my pandora email. send. now!

I will send the Pandora newsletter in a minute, but it can take up to 24 hours to arrive.

It's probably nothing you don't know if you follow the forums. It's more for people who just dip in and out to bring them up to date.

craigix said:
I will send the Pandora newsletter in a minute, but it can take up to 24 hours to arrive.

It's probably nothing you don't know if you follow the forums. It's more for people who just dip in and out to bring them up to date.

Cant you just make a topic so we can all see it now?

I'm actually curious to see if I get it!

I ordered in the first few hours of that fateful day. I got a newsletter the next day which announced that they were taking orders.

I received another on 30 September 2009, the first anniversary of preorders. It said:

Newsletter posted on 30 September 2009 said:
Hello everyone, Craig here,

This is the last OpenPandora newsletter before we start shipping Pandora consoles to customers.

Yes, we have finally, after a lot of serious tweaking, decided the Pandora is ready to roll.

Which is amusing on several levels! :D

Is that all the newsletters there've been? Or have I missed some nuggets of Pandora history in between?

todd said:
I'm actually curious to see if I get it!
I subscribed in 2008, but never got one. Would be great if someone posts the content here :)

Back