Why Doesn't The Forum Refresh?

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
why have i always got to manually refresh the forumlist? unless i refresh it manually it'll just show the same last posts (and possibly new topics) the last time i saw it... pretty annoying :(

Moogle posted on Sep 7 2005 at 12:51 PM said:
Hm, it does that for me too lately, probably something with the cache settings. Are you using Firefox?
opera

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version ?

I`m using Opera 8 beta2.

Go to Tools menu, Then preferences, Then history and cache in the window that appears. At the bottom of this window is three drop down menu boxes labeled "Check documents", "Check images" and "Check other". Set them all to always and this should cure your problem.

Trooper

Once again, Trooper saves the day...

Yeah, I had to set that option in Netscape 7. NS8 I use on the laptop but it's not stable enough yet for me to use. Also seems to be no way to completely stop using tabs in it, so I'll be waiting a bit to switch up.

trooper posted on Sep 7 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
Which version ?

I`m using Opera 8 beta2.

Go to Tools menu, Then preferences, Then history and cache in the window that appears. At the bottom of this window is three drop down menu boxes labeled "Check documents", "Check images" and "Check other". Set them all to always and this should cure your problem.

Trooper
i don't know how it works, but shouldn't it happen automatically? the contence of the forums is always updated when i click the link, if i select a forum i always see the latest threads, it's only in the main page of the forum that lists all the forums and their most recent post, and if they have unread posts.

on every forum i visit it works as it's supposed to, only not here, i really think the problem is on your side to be honest...

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I always set these options to always in every version of Opera i have used with no problems at all. I don`t intend upgrading to a higher (than 8 beta2) version of Opera because they have shifted everything about in the preferences menu/window and some of the options are not available in the newer versions of Opera.

Btw, I am a "legal" registered user of opera and have been for over two years, which does make me sad.. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Back