Wi-fi Card/modem For Psp?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
what do you use for your psp to connect to the internet using the wi-fi feature?

i want one that has a long distance on it so i could connect to it from around the house and hopefully the garden too.

im running XP SP2 with a pretty modern computer set up.

ALSO
is there any games out for the psp yet that you can play other people over the internet instead of just the LAN?

I'm in the U.K too if that makes any difference.

cheers

Gaz.

you need a wireless router for your DSL service. I don't know if you can get something for 56k, and thats it.

When you get the modem, just make sure the wireless connection is on, should automatically be on all the time. The psp will automatically find the signal in the air and you should be good to go. It was very easy to set up mine.

Twisted Metal Head on is the only game i'm aware of with online play. I have it and it is quite fun to play online. You can have 6 people in 1 game at a time.

ok so i'd just buy a wireless router and connect it to my modem? then my psp will pick it up and if i get a wi-fi card for my laptop i'll be able to pick up the internet connection with that too?

should be, as long as your internet connection is not password protected, and even if it is you should know it :p

The main key hardware is the wireless router. PSP, Laptop, and hopefully soon the DS with it's wifi will automatically detect it. Just like if you went to a wifi hotspot or internet cafe with wireless capability. Your PSP would be able to automatically detect it then too.

Get a new modem with the wireless built into it. If you don't want to do that, i'm pretty sure there are Wifi adapters that can be plugged into a USB port that can be used.

Something like this maybe
http://www.blueunplugged.com/products/Link...FW11S4-3609.asp

large-link-4port.jpg

yeah, but the description doesn't really say from what distance it can pick up the network. I know my PSP can pick up my router from about a 50ft diamater.

I think Ridge Racer was online.. at least I', pretty sure it was (Don't own it anymore so I can't check for you :( )

Back