Wifi?

DTH

Hey,

Will the Pandora work the same way as laptops, as in recognising wireless routers, or will you have to configure it all the way like the DS?

tnx

DTH said:
Hey,

Will the Pandora work the same way as laptops, as in recognising wireless routers, or will you have to configure it all the way like the DS?

tnx
ive never used a ds, what do you mean by 'configure it all the way'?
but remember, this is running linux - there are tons of easy to use wifi configuration utilities out there ready to be ported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.Professor_Jake_Turner said:
I think he means having to manually add in a WAP, and being able only to retain 3 of those points at a time, as opposed to autodetecting and connecting. (I believe that's known as wardriving?)
kind of... Wardriving i believe implies that what you are doing is illegal, (the context I have heard it used in is driving around and finding an unprotected wap and connecting) while autodetecting and connecting to your home wap is not. I would be surprised if Craig&co don't write/port a nice wap connecting interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as it has the same capability to connect to wireless as the one from Ubuntu.... i will certainly buy one.

my university uses WPA enterprise, and it is very easy to configure in ubuntu, but not as easy in mandriva.

Back