Wifi

EdCa22

Okay, I just got my Pandora today. And I can't get it to maintain a reliable wifi connection. I've updated to the latest hotfix BTW. Every time I connect (this is to a WPA2 network) it stays connected for maybe 20 seconds before it stops working. It still appears to be connected. I have turned power management off manually, disconnected and reconnected, rebooted, powered off, tried with charger and without. I've checked using iwconfig and it still seems to be connected to the correct network, but it wont even ping the access point. What can I do?

Thanks!

Try changing the channel the router uses. If you have any extra features enabled like "turbo mode" or "range extender" try turning them off.
Failing that. Provide as much information about your router as you can. Model and Firmware version, etc so people can compare notes.

mindlord said:
Try changing the channel the router uses. If you have any extra features enabled like "turbo mode" or "range extender" try turning them off.
Failing that. Provide as much information about your router as you can. Model and Firmware version, etc so people can compare notes.

It's a Linksys wrt54g (forget which version) with dd-wrt v24-sp2 installed

It's on auto channel... it should select the channel with the least noise. But it seems to invariably pick channel 1. I'll try changing it later, when my house mate isn't having an important skype meeting!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two routers in my house I too have a Linksys wrt54g with dd-wrt and my Pandora hates it as well. I also have a Belkin 54G which I use as a range extender and my Pandora has zero issues with it. That is, no issues other than the ones that come inherently with using a Belkin router :p

Think I've fixed it - changed from TKIP to AES encryption. Seem to now be having no troubles :D

EDIT: Yep, defo working now :D

Back