Wii or PS2 for couch multiplayer (and mods)

Fun fact: every time somebody says that PCSX2 runs "perfect" a kitten throws up somewhere*

*(citation needed)

This stems from the fact that definitions of the word "perfect" vary wildly when it comes to emulation. I`d prefer if folks used "good enough for me" instead - since the only way to experience "perfect" PS2 gameplay is by hooking the real console to a real CRT TV. PCSX2 is a great piece of work but for me still not "good enough" -  various glitches which might be invisible/unimportant for others are a deal breaker. Especially seeing as the real thing is dirt cheap and widely available.
Final Fantasy X  - 50-60fps stable at 1680x1050 with AA and all effects enabled

on Athlon II 3core at 2,9Ghz each with 4GB RAM and Radeon HD5600 1GB-DDR.

@LuSimon: Dolphin has massive slowdowns on my system, PCSX2 runs way better, especcially since the last updates, try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprising, most of  FFX is pre-rendered cinematics or character models moving on a static image. rarely is there anything really demanding to the system.

Not surprising, most of  FFX is pre-rendered cinematics or character models moving on a static image. rarely is there anything really demanding to the system.
It ran way worse than Okami half a year ago, Okami and We love Katamari ran great back then already.

Thanks again for the tips, I played a lot Mario Kart - Double Dash with my gf yesterday and it was quite funny. :)

You guys are awesome.

Back