Wii Usb/ethernet Adapter?

Yod4z

if someone have the answer, i have one connnected on my USB Pandora Port but don't knwo what to do. It use ASIX AX 88772 USB 2.0 chip.
http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=86;71;101

is USBnet available on Pandora OS?

can it work conected to the Pandora USB port or i have to plug it to and Hub or Mini USB?

Try what's mentioned in comments here:
http://pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list#USB_to_Ethernet_adapters

i see:
"Works perfectly on the Pandora. You may need to left-click the networking icon on the panel in Xfce, and click "Ifupdown (bnep0)" in order to connect to the internet. "

but when i click on ifupdown it do nothing

That was for the Apple adapter, in fairness. :p

Have you tried the Wii adapter through a hub, just in case it isn't USB 2.0? (My Wii is connected wirelessly, so I don't have one of these myself.)

Wait a moment, I don't know what I'm talking about anyway, but has that USB networking stuff that conflicted with Wifi to be enabled again to make it work, eventually?

I'm afraid I don't know that one, mali, as I never encountered that conflict (and I'm not entirely sure that there are many of us using USB-Ethernet adapters at the moment, come to think of it).

try in terminal

Code:
sudo lsusb

if its not there(should be eth0) then try

Code:
dmesg

if it says

could not enumerate device on blah bla

then its a non usb2 device. you need a usb2 hub. :)

I have tried with or without USB Hub and the same

sudo lsusb print:
Bus 001 device 001: ID 0b95:7720 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772

dmesg say:
eth0: link down
ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

Alerino said:
sudo opkg update
sudo opkg install dhclient
sudo ifconfig eth0 down
sudo ifconfig eth0 up
sudo dhclient eth0
If this work, the next logical step would be to edit /etc/network/interfaces to add at the end :
Code:
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Then to bring the interface up just use "ifup eth0". There is ifdown too.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help ;)

after "opkg update" "error faile to donwload http..." the "sudo opkg install dhclient" send "Collected errors: * opkg_install_cmd: cannot install package dhclient."

----------------

Ok i think i undestand, i need to be conected to internet to do this ^^. Ok i try later with my wifi connection

Yod4z said:
Ok i think i undestand, i need to be conected to internet to do this ^^
I see a snake eating his own tail there :D

EDIT: dhclient is part of the base system already, no need to install it. to check :
Code:
opkg list-installed|grep dh

i don'y use DHCP on my network, i use fixed ip (my Pandora need 192.168.0.7 and netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.0.1) then i don't need dhclient

----

if i do "sudo ifconfig eth0 up" without the ethernet adpatater pluguin i have "eth0: unknown interface: No such device" and when the adpater is pluged in i have nothing. It mean that the adapter is detected as eth0? then i juste need to config the network with "sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.7 up" and "sudo route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev eth0"?

Yod4z said:
i don'y use DHCP on my network, i use fixed ip (my Pandora need 192.168.0.7 and netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.0.1) then i don't need dhclient

no, just do

Code:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.7 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
route add default 192.168.0.1 eth0 (not very sure on this one)

GizmoTheGreen said:
no, just do

Code:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.7 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
 route add default 192.168.0.1 eth0 (not very sure on this one)
No, just edit /etc/network/interfaces properly. Check this for more info.

Code:
iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.0.7
    gateway 192.168.0.1
       netmask 255.255.255.0

should make it.

why this config don't work on the NetworkManager? maybe because the bottom of the config screen is not on screen

thanks Alerino, it did the trick. I hadn't know this combo to move the window ^^

Thanks all for the help. Now is done, i have to change the first post to explain what to do (no big deal ;))

Back