Will Be Released Gpengine 0.5 And Osnes 0.5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguirrech

Still Fresh
Gp32 users need more releases from our favourite emulators....

Please Yoyo and ThunderZ, give us a release date for the newest versions.

Thx.

20030218-fries-large.jpg

fanta02.jpg

Lesson #1
Don't ask any developer to give a release date
Lesson #2
Don't start begging
Lesson #3
Learn how to behave in a webboard

If you learned those three rules you can come back.

Kojote posted on May 25 2004 at 07:45 PM said:
Lesson #1
Don't ask any developer to give a release date
Lesson #2
Don't start begging
Lesson #3
Learn how to behave in a webboard

If you learned those three rules you can come back.
He just asked a release date, not worth being flamed... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Developers that are producing software for free will release software WHEN they want to, IF they want to. Asking for a release date for a new version is considered rude. It's the one thing I really hate about releasing software - PMs and emails asking "when is it going to be finished / when is the next version going to be released."

aguirrech posted on May 25 2004 at 07:23 PM said:

Thx.
gpengine is not connected with osnes.

I think some of us have forgotten the sticky which lies at the top of all the threads!

He probably doesn't know about the 'rules' and was just wondering when something was goign to be released! Give him a break, at least he isn't a repeated offender (yet)!

If i were you, i'd donate the developers a nice wad of your cash, then tentatively send them an email asking about a possible ETA of the next releases, but be polite, and send lots of money.

A better way of asking might help also. I mean come on you said that we NEED release dates. Its not our duty to tell people when to release stuff and to hurry them. Let them make it if they wish to and want to.

If you want ask them how the progress is going. That gives a pretty good example of a release date and isn't considered as rude.

Definately. Learn how to post a proper title. I wasted my time reading this worthless thread.

Squidge posted on May 25 2004 at 08:26 PM said:
Developers that are producing software for free will release software WHEN they want to, IF they want to. Asking for a release date for a new version is considered rude. It's the one thing I really hate about releasing software - PMs and emails asking "when is it going to be finished / when is the next version going to be released."
YOU consider it's rude. ;)

Sorry but when a soft takes a lot of time to release, each of us has the right to wonder and ask everyboby if it'll be released or not and when....
It's not offense for the author, it shows our interest in his work. ;)

Think about it Squidge and Co before flaming stupidly... ;)

annoying post, but don't flame as it isn't fair and lowers the tone of the site....

(it's not cool and it's not funny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back