Will There Be A Better Nes Emul Soon?

HeWhoCorrupts

Still Fresh
Website
trashnslash.blogspot.com
The one on the file archive is not so good. The button config is not good, there is no way to go back to the ROM list, and I did look at the README. Its really slow and all-around not good. Who did the one for the Wiz? Fce was awesome, and I am hoping someone can port that, it ran wonderfully on the Wiz.

Rikku2000 has been kind enough to do a quick port of the Wiz versions for NES and SNES, even showing how he did it. If you would like to carry on with where he's got to so far I'm sure we can help you if needed ;)

Caanoo is a new system and it takes time to move from Wiz coding which is mature. I'm sure after a few months and a few more units in circulation the scene will move quicker, but until then we'll wait for your next release !!

It actually doesn't matter what a group of persons like, it matters what the developpers like to work on. Demanding software won't help in getting it done. Although dev's also know what kind of software would appeal to a larger crowd and probably play on that matter (like create the things people want). But you have to give it time and have patience. Even commercial handhelds don't start off with a gazzilion games to buy / play with so wait and see what happens, it's already moveing along quite fast if you ask me :)

joyrider said:
It actually doesn't matter what a group of persons like, it matters what the developpers like to work on. Demanding software won't help in getting it done. Although dev's also know what kind of software would appeal to a larger crowd and probably play on that matter (like create the things people want). But you have to give it time and have patience. Even commercial handhelds don't start off with a gazzilion games to buy / play with so wait and see what happens, it's already moveing along quite fast if you ask me :)

I agree, in less then 2 months, we got Megadrive, Sega Master System, Gameboy, Super NES, NES, ZX-Spectrum, Atari VCS 7800, Atari VCS 2600, Amstrad, MSX and a TI 92 Emulator, not bad if you ask me. At least, enough systems to keep you busy for weeks, een if you only want to play the very best games for every system.

Last edited by a moderator:
CKeichel said:
joyrider said:

I agree, in less then 2 months, we got Megadrive, Sega Master System, Gameboy, Super NES, NES, ZX-Spectrum, Atari VCS 7800, Atari VCS 2600, Amstrad, MSX and a TI 92 Emulator, not bad if you ask me. At least, enough systems to keep you busy for weeks, een if you only want to play the very best games for every system.

i said that. because my favorite emulator is NES. With my wiz and my gp2x, the nes emulator took 50% of my playing time.

Still you re right, a lot of emulators are already released. its pretty fast. But the wiz emulators are more mature right now, but its normal the wiz was released more than 1 year ago.

joyrider said:

about that: im not agree completly, i dont have any problem to request a feature. nobody have to do it, if they dont want to. its a suggestion.

for example: i request a fullscreen option for oh boy because this emulator was released a long time ago for the wiz, and the fullscreen option have never been done, and i think its necessary for the wiz at least, because the screen is so small.

I do not have any problem in requesting this fullscreen option. I do not lack respect for anyone. I see no problem if people make suggestions. Myself I may be trying to make emulator port when I read my book for C language and you could ask me emulators options. i wont have problem with that. but i dont guarantee anything. and i want to know what people think to make useful feature. and i ALWAYS say thanks to people that made emulator that i use. and i always thanks people that answer my questions. i respect everyone here. and dont forget ENGLISH is not my first language, so i make my best to be polite but my english is not great

still i think i have several months of study. i only studied turbo pascal 10 years ago.

To be honest we have to be Very patient, but its true the nes emulator is too slow to be playable. thats a fact.

hmmm. i began to read my C++ book and a lot of information about SDL, read some source code about pong game,

i read more than 20 hours since yesterday.

and i have to say WOW.

before today i didnt understand how MUCH work is it to port a emulator or make a emulator or make a homebrew game.

what i did in the past with turbo pascal, is nothing compared to make a real game or emulator and port it to the Caanoo or any other handheld.

I want to say Congratulation to all developer that develop for all of US.
For me after reading all that stuff, i have to say you're like gods for me.
i can understand you could be angry when we are not happy about some details of your work (emulator speed and options.

Its really something coding emulator for a handheld.

I do not want to offend anyone

I still cant believe how much work it can be to make or port a emulator.

i think i will have to study for years before be able to port anything. am i right ?

note: thanks joyrider for this link: http://www.aaroncox.net/tutorials/index.html
i learned a lot of things there.

THANKS TO ALL DEVELOPER to take so much time to develop for the community, its really awesome.

I think i will not ask again when a faster nes emulator will be released LOL
i know it could take several hours of work if not several hundread hours of work.

:)

Back