Will you tell me if you think this looks cool?

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
God, fuck you assholes. I hope you never watch TV or movies or read books at all.

Giving me shit becuase you believe a pic I made is inappropriate and mysogynistic. It's nothing worse than what you see elsewhere.

OK, I'll shrink it down a bit. Yeah, I went high quality on this. I'll save a slightly smaller version of it also, but it doesn't look as nice without the high quality and so just doesn't seem to have the same feel and effect. But I found some other cool pics I'm going to mess around with and add text. Expect to see some more soon.

Sorry, but I don't think it's appropriate, but that's me.

Well, appropriate or not, I was just asking if it looked cool. But you're right, I should've put in the sub-topic something about it being vulgar or being considered inappropriate. But I don't see it being inappropriate sitting the Off-Topic forum. But I am sorry that I didn't warn.

Definently not innapropriate, I like the image and the layout but I bet you could think of something a little more bad ass than "What now bitch?"

Perhaps something related to the tearing of prescious throats or murdering children. What now bitch seems a little to cliche drunk white fratball zombie to me.

Is this an inappropriate avatar? Let's see, a picture of a guy pointing at a gun at (presumably) a woman, and calling her a bitch (usually taken as an insult). Now why would anyone possibly be offended by that?

BECAUSE IT'S FUCKED UP MYSOGYNISTIC BULLSHIT, THAT'S WHY.

Gee, I wonder why there are no women on this forum?

Perhaps something related to the tearing of prescious throats or murdering children. What now bitch seems a little to cliche drunk white fratball zombie to me.
Well, I wasn't trying to use anything sadistic, just something kind of dark & deadly cool. Yes, Alucard does have a sadistic type of demeanor, but I found that picture and 'What now , bitch?' was the first thing that popped into my head. So I decided to download the pic and add the text to the top of it. I ws just wondering if anybody thought that was was cool also. More of the other pics I have involve him holding his gun also. There's another one with him pointing his toward the screen while he's looking away. I was thinking fo adding something like 'I think not...' to it. I just like adding arrogant phrases to his pics because he's so badass (in my opinion atleast). Although some other ideas would be nice to hear. I'm still looking thogh my pics fo something where I can add 'Prepare your blood' or 'Serve your master' to it. I just think arrogant phrases fit every image I have of of him.

To fredrm: I was not thinking of using it as an avatar whatsoever, it was just a pic I found that I added text to the top of and I wanted to know if anybody here thought it looked cool. I was not thinking of a female at all when I added that text. I personally use the word 'bitch' when to referring to either a male or a female. And in this case, I was really thinking of a male when I added the text. I understand if a female would consider it offensive also, but I don't how you are overreacting so much over this. It is just a pic of a guy pointing a gun at someone (can be male or female) and saying something arrogant. Like in the Matrix when trinity has the gun point-blank at the agent and says 'Dodge this'. TO me, that's the same thing as what I did in my pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless your intentions, NssOne, it comes across as mysogynistic to me as well. Isn't this an important reaction to "does it fit?". Otherwise my response would be: Yes, the text physically fits in the space. No, it's not cool.

What are you planning to use the image for?

If it's any consolation I think it's perfectly acceptable. There were at least enough people supportive of your avatar here as those who are offended, and quite frankly there are a lot worse things on this forum than the word 'bitch'. Guys, it's the internet, get over it.

Who was offended? Two people said the text was mysogynistic and one person said it was inappropriate. Most females probably would be offended, and with good reason, but they don't visit this forum.

A long time ago, people used the word "nigger" (well, some still do) to belittle blacks, but now what's more popular is calling something uncool "gay" or referring to females as "bitches" or "cunts". People are embarrassed by some awful things our ancestors did in the 19th and 20th centuries, but apparently have a difficult time learning from history.

My mother is Persian. Once a friend used the word "raghead" in my presence. You don't know what it's like unless it's happened to you.

I'm speaking to no one in particular, but what's worse than being offended easily is having no sensitivity to people are offended.

Personally, I'm more offended by Klown's avatar then NssOne's pic. Who is that suppose to be, a pedophile? I'm a little wary of freaky men in black tank-tops grinning maliciously in an amusement park.

...So we can all see how some things can be taken the wrong way.

There is nothing wrong with my avatar. What I originally posted was just a pic that was related to my avatar. I had no intentions of using it as an avatar, it was just a pic I was inspired to add text to. My avatar is just of a character from an Anime series named 'Hellsing', it has nothing to do with my use of the word 'bitch' in that pic I posted. No, Alucard does not kill women in the series unless they happen to be 'ghouls' or 'psuedo-vampires', in which case, they're all just monsters.

Now, I admit to making a statement previously that appeared to be blatantly anti-Semetic, but in no way was the pic I posted trying to promote mysogynism. In the area I grew up in and the people I have known, the term 'bitch' was transgender, and that it originated from the black urban community. Calling someone a bitch there was like calling someone a pussy in a way. Or really, calling them somethign along the lines of a whiner, maybe. Well, actually it's hard to describe exactly what it means in words for me, because it's just something you understand all the time, but have a hard time pin-pointing it's meaning. Yes, it is an insult nonetheless.

And what I hate about this is that you all fucking had to assume the worst when it comes to something that I would coin 'questionable'. Yes, my pic was questionable. The problem with the internet is the lack of fully-intentional communication. We say stuff in text where it's hard to convey exactly how we mean to say it. The worst seems to in the case of sarcastic remarks. We see a text and our brain first tries to interpet literally/seriously. We all know it takes a certain tone to truly be sarcastic or joking when it comes to some of the things we say to people. But it's hard to convey this tone in text that we type so casually. One paragraph that we type usually only talks about the points we are trying to get across, there is little to no conveyed tone in the text. We are not trying to write literature on the message boards, so we hardly think of how our messages will be conveyed when it comes to being read by others.

So, to all the females that may have been offended, I'm sorry. To all the people who thought it was mysogynistic, I ask this: What the hell is wrong with you people? Especially the guy says that the picture on of the reason why there's hardly any females on these boards. For Christ's sake, maybe it could be just because there aren't that many female gaming geeks out there who know of and have a GP32?

Was there anything really wrong with the pic I originally posted?
ithinknot-s.jpg

I'm speaking to no one in particular, but what's worse than being offended easily is having no sensitivity to people are offended.
You were speaking to me, I believe.

The word bitch in NssOne's context was no aimed at a particular group (such as women), it seems to be a generic derogatory term. And I do happen to have sensitivity to people being offended, but in this case I can't understand it. Mysogynistic? Sure, like if a woman surfs this forum and finds the avatar she's going to leave for good. No, I'd expect she'd place her doubts about the population of this forum purely onto NssOne, it's not like the avatars are issued by the community onto you automatically.

Almosts makes me laugh when people say 'images like this are why no girls visit the board' .... no, the HUGE male to female ratio of anything technological is why no girls visit this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back