Win 95 On Wiz ?

Wiz has 32 bit 533 mHz + over clock , pretty nice .. Why can't it emulate win 95 for games like :: Warcraft 2 ( + battel net edition ) , Diablo , Starcraft , flash games on internet browser ..

Will there be a posibilyti of making a win 95 emulator ??

And a key selection program supporting the tuochscreen as a mouse

No.

(For Warcraft and Starcraft, look up Wargus and other re-implementations that can use the original games datafiles.)

jeff

Yes and no. You CAN run Windows 95 on it through Bochs (assuming it's been ported), but it won't be anywhere close to fast enough to do anything with. An example:

Hardware: Zaurus SL-C750 (400 MHz PXA255 CPU, 64 MB RAM)
Software: Bochs running in X11 on top of QTopia (Yes, a horrible setup)
Figure: 26 minute boot time (IIRC)

So even if you can get 10x that performance out of the Wiz (which is being generous), you won't be able to do much of anything aside from MAYBE solitaire in any even semi-usable fashion.

Sorry to say this. I really wanted to play AoE II on my Zaurus (which requires a 133 MHz Pentium CPU and 16 MB RAM, IIRC) at one point, as well.

I think a general rule is for each layer of emulation, divide the cpu clock by 8.

540MHz / 8 = 67.5MHz.

I'm probably talking shit because my brain is full of stuff I remember people saying and stuff I've dreamed up, I can't work out which is which...

aaron11193 said:
I think a general rule is for each layer of emulation, divide the cpu clock by 8.

540MHz / 8 = 67.5MHz.

I'm probably talking shit because my brain is full of stuff I remember people saying and stuff I've dreamed up, I can't work out which is which...
That is shit :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Enought for warcraft and starcraft

and We can still over clock the CPU

looking on the gp2x it shuld over clock to even 800 mHz

but I think this time the Game park's projectors included some over clock basicaly so mb abuot 650 mHz / 81.25 mHz

but I think it is not so much becous some of the comends are in the Wiz's CPU and I don't thing that there are so long comends that it would be / 8

What about instaling it with DOSbox

Orange Pumpkin said:
Enought for warcraft and starcraft
and We can still over clock the CPU

looking on the gp2x it shuld over clock to even 800 mHz

but I think this time the Game park's projectors included some over clock basicaly so mb abuot 650 mHz / 81.25 mHz

but I think it is not so much becous some of the comends are in the Wiz's CPU and I don't thing that there are so long comends that it would be / 8

What about instaling it with DOSbox

No, it won't work. Give up.

Diablo can be played in the PS1 emulator, there will likely be a port of Wargus for Warcraft, Flash might get ported eventually aswell, etc etc

There was Diablo 1 for psx ??

Nice , what about battelnet ?? And LAN games ??

But why wont it work :( :(

What about Gothic

but there is a problem it needs graphic card :( :(

Concerning to the Wargus , it is nice but i would like to play orginal warcraft , mb even on battelnet

67.5MHz

Would be nice any way if it is true

Peter R said:
You will not be able to emulate x86 games on the Wiz. Simply put you need far more power than is available to get them going well.
+1

I don't know where this "8x cpu speed" bollocks came from, but it's utter shite. Hell, a decent Speccy emu needs at least 233mhz, and that's emulating a 3.54mhz z80. A non-decent Speccy emu needs about 50mhz under windows, some can be (and have been) done in about 20mhz under DOS. And that's with x86 to help you out with the emulation - you'd not be able to pull any fancy flag register tricks with ARM.

To put it another way, you not only need to emulate (as you can't virtualise) the x86, you need to emulate the sound card, the gfx card, the i/o controllers etc. That's a lot of chips, not just one.

Cannot be done to the level you want on a Wiz, sorry. Even the Pandora would be pushing it to the edge.

D.

Based on some early benchmarks of DosBox on the Pandora devboards @ 600MHz, it's looking like the best we could hope for on the Pandora is 386 @ 20MHz speeds. Since other benchmarks show the Pandora about 2x-2.5x as fast as the Wiz at the same clock speed, you might be able to play a decent game of Commander Keen on the Wiz, but anything more than that is wishful thinking.

This is a stock DOSBox (by which I mean compiled from source, with no optimizations _at all_, and not even tuning the config. Its got the wrong cycle settings and full audio enabled and installed _from my Warcraft 2 ancient CD_. DOSBox in dynarec mode though, so its working its ass off here :) The good news -- runs nearly full speed, and fully playably. I've worked through the first Orc campaign mission. USB mouse and keybord.

http://planet.gp2x.org/

What ?? WC2 need Windows how did they run it on the Pandora ,, trought DOSBox ??

Has anyone even benchmarked DosBox on the Wiz yet? With all the amazing updates going on with the GP2X versions I wonder how well it would run recompiled for the Wiz? As everyone else said don't bother with win95 on the Wiz. It will boot...probably after 10 minutes, and you may be able to play a game of solitare like Jeff said but that is about it. Haha and that's not even emulating sound probably.

You missed the topic I was wondering how did it run ??

By the way in WC3 You get levels with heros and in WC2 there are levels but can You level up I have WC2 ( orginal ) but didn't play it lang becous had WC3 befor :) :)

Orange Pumpkin said:
You missed the topic I was wondering how did it run ??
There is a DOS version of WC2. Windows is not necessary.

Yes, it's official, you can get a playable demo from here.

No, we can't link to the commercial (non-demo) version for obvious reasons.

The Warcraft 2 was on PSX as well as diablo 1.

The warcraft 2 BNE runs natively on black eee pc 701 (althrough black column to the right without resolution hack). I also read that Gothic 1-2 is also playable on EEE PCs (resolution hacks I suppose)

There was a rumor of Starcraft alpha\beta\demo leaked for DOS

Back