Win2X : Alternative Frontend

Just uninstalled and then re-installed. This time, I did not create a new user, I just changed the setting for the admin user to auto login. When I switched it back on, it did not auto login, and the admin user had lost its type again.

James Hall said:
Nope, just tried it again, reinstalled, and when I created a new user and tried to log in, I just got a black screen. When I rebooted and tried to log in as admin, I had no admin rights. Does uninstalling remove everything?
Yes.Make an uninstall to remove everything and re-install Win2X.If you want to give it one more try,just let it loadup on first time and then make a reboot.Then try to create a new user.I would also recommend to use only lowercase letters on the user name(just in case).

Last edited by a moderator:
I held down R to get to the recovery, I did an uninstall, then re-installed. I logged in as admin, changed the auto login, then saved settings, logged off, logged back on again, and rebooted. It was then auto logging in as expected.

I then Created a user "james" all lowercase, changed it to auto log in, logged off, logged on, rebooted, and now it auto logs on as james.

Excellent.

James Hall said:
I held down R to get to the recovery, I did an uninstall, then re-installed. I logged in as admin, changed the auto login, then saved settings, logged off, logged back on again, and rebooted. It was then auto logging in as expected.

I then Created a user "james" all lowercase, changed it to auto log in, logged off, logged on, rebooted, and now it auto logs on as james.

Excellent.
Nice...Also just to help you out,you do not have to do all these steps.Naturally it should work instantly(like mine).But I did notice an issue when
the user name contains some CAPS letters.So if you keep user names with all lowercase you should not have any problem.

Now that I have spent time getting all my settings set up and working, with text and icons, is there a way to back up all the settings in case of a need to uninstall and re-install?

James Hall said:
Now that I have spent time getting all my settings set up and working, with text and icons, is there a way to back up all the settings in case of a need to uninstall and re-install?

backup no, you must do all of this BEFORE installation.Maybe Chp can help you.

I have updated Win2X to version 2.1.

> Added sound support for touchscreen events and some basic sounds for other events as logon,shutdown and messages.

Unfortunately, I'll be off for some time, so this is my last contribution to Win2X(and maybe the WIZ).I would like to thank you all for your feedback and your precious time and I hope you enjoy Win2X!

chp said:

> Added sound support for touchscreen events and some basic sounds for other events as logon,shutdown and messages.

Unfortunately, I'll be off for some time, so this is my last contribution to Win2X(and maybe the WIZ).I would like to thank you all for your feedback and your precious time and I hope you enjoy Win2X!

sad, i hope you back.

chp said:

Thank you for everything. You've been an awesome contributer to the gp32x.de community. Win2X is the best!!!:)
We salute you. All the best till we see you again in the future. :wiz: B)

thanksc.gif

here

http://tmdag.com/rork/font_black.png
http://tmdag.com/rork/font_white.png

you can find my fix for font data.It`s repair spaces between letters.

Thank you chp for your great work.

By the way, any problems with win2x when the new firmware is installed?

Thanks a lot for all your hard work chp, this has made everybody's Wiz's very happy (and their owners!) :)

Version 2.1 of Win2X works fine with the new firmware (v1.2.0), but I couldn't get the above backup & restore .gpe's (above) to work. :(

Cheers, Neil

I got sounds on mine, you should have a speaker on the bottom bar (& volume 0-100), if not try redownloading and reinstalling. :)
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
I got sounds on mine, you should have a speaker on the bottom bar (& volume 0-100), if not try redownloading and reinstalling. :)
Cheers, Neil
Re-downloaded, installed. All good now. Thanks again, mate. :)

Glad to 'hear' you got it going! :)

One thing I've noticed with the volume control, if it's set at 50 (as an example) a lot of the games run at half their original volume.
This doesn't work with everything though. (MAME doesn't, I wished it did. :( )

Cheers, Neil

Edit: Has anybody managed to get the backup & restore .gpe's to work, as it took me hours last night to set up my links, then we get told there's another firmware update on the way, I don't want to do it all again!

Back