Win2X : Alternative Frontend

Don't I know if I have understood well,I have to replace only the gpe of the version 1.2 in the 1.1 briefcase that I have in the sd or to refer afresh everything and to replace everything?
I have made a test however and I have noticed that the clock is changed but the cpu clock always marks 550 and not 533, the names of the briefcases have strange spaces

rasteryx said:
Don't I know if I have understood well,I have to replace only the gpe of the version 1.2 in the 1.1 briefcase that I have in the sd or to refer afresh everything and to replace everything?
I have made a test however and I have noticed that the clock is changed but the cpu clock always marks 550 and not 533, the names of the briefcases have strange spaces
No,I meant that you extract the folder Win2X 1.2 anywhere in the SD and you just run "install.gpe" if you want to install it.
You do not have to run uninstall.gpe first...
You do not need the 1.1 folder anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
Systematized Ok,thanks for the help, only the applications of milkawax make to mark 550, nice the icon wiz on the bar,is a formidable menu I insist that the menu of default should become and not alternative
you compliment chp you have been genial

Is it just me or is the text on the desktop icons off center ? , some off the text isnt even under the icon after sending it to desktop ? , :-||

DarkShadowSwE said:
Is it just me or is the text on the desktop icons off center ? , some off the text isnt even under the icon after sending it to desktop ? , :-||
Yes,the text icon is a little off center when it consists of few letters.It is fixed for the next version though.Also note that the text will appear in the desktop only for a selected icon,not for all icons of the desktop.

chp said:
DarkShadowSwE said:
Yes,the text icon is a little off center when it consists of few letters.It is fixed for the next version though.Also note that the text will appear in the desktop only for a selected icon,not for all icons of the desktop.

Linknames : "GBA", "GBC", "Sega" and "temper" = text is alligned to the right...
Linkname : "scummvm" = s is somewhat centered at the start and vm sticks out a good bit to the right...
Linkname : "PlayStation" is now "PlayStati" but centered , :)
Linkname : "uea4all" is centered at the desktop , but not in the emulator folder , xD ( or where u have placed it )
Linkanem : "temper" is realy good when placed on the desktop , :)

hope this helps in some way , :p

*edit* - Suggestion : add same "start from the top" scroll to the "select" menu of icons as the main menu got ?

DarkShadowSwE said:
Linknames : "GBA", "GBC", "Sega" and "temper" = text is alligned to the right...
Linkname : "scummvm" = s is somewhat centered at the start and vm sticks out a good bit to the right...
Linkname : "PlayStation" is now "PlayStati" but centered , :)
Linkname : "uea4all" is centered at the desktop , but not in the emulator folder , xD ( or where u have placed it )
Linkanem : "temper" is realy good when placed on the desktop , :)
hope this helps in some way , :p
*edit* - Suggestion : add same "start from the top" scroll to the "select" menu of icons as the main menu got ?
The text alignment is already fixed for the next version.Also the text will contain no more than 9 characters for the desktop,just to prevent overlapping with neighborly icons...Thank you for your feedback!

Thanks CHP - for another fine release. As I think I said before I'm not staying at my own home for a while so I don't have access to the internet all the time, but I have installed the latest version and I'm very impressed. All I can say is that I've used lots of different applicatiions and emulators while travelling and when I've had some free time, and the overall experience of using Win2X has been very good - does exactly what I require. I'm certain you don't need anymore input from me, and your next release will polish out the remaining "bugs" which are very minor. Of course once I have played around with it for a little while I'm sure I'll have a few ideas or suggestions which I will post here for you when I have time and access to a computer!

Please keep up the good work, and know that I am using Win2x every day, even when I'm not online to add my gratitude or suggestions.

Titan

TitanUranus said:
Thanks CHP - for another fine release. As I think I said before I'm not staying at my own home for a while so I don't have access to the internet all the time, but I have installed the latest version and I'm very impressed. All I can say is that I've used lots of different applicatiions and emulators while travelling and when I've had some free time, and the overall experience of using Win2X has been very good - does exactly what I require. I'm certain you don't need anymore input from me, and your next release will polish out the remaining "bugs" which are very minor. Of course once I have played around with it for a little while I'm sure I'll have a few ideas or suggestions which I will post here for you when I have time and access to a computer!

Please keep up the good work, and know that I am using Win2x every day, even when I'm not online to add my gratitude or suggestions.

Titan
Thank you Titan!Glad to hear you are using Win2X and you like it...
For now I'm working on the next release (v2.0!) which will features "Multiple Users Environment" and a text editor...But any suggestion or idea
is much welcome!Thank you for your support!

chp, thank you for all the suggestions collecting. :)

EDIT:

Oh, by the way, will v2.0 be out before Valentines Day (February 14th)...because I'm planning to get my
fiancé a Wiz (and I'm going to put a special pink hearts wallpaper on it as well, lol) as a Valentines Day gift? :wiz: B)

chp said:
DarkShadowSwE said:
The text alignment is already fixed for the next version.Also the text will contain no more than 9 characters for the desktop,just to prevent overlapping with neighborly icons...Thank you for your feedback!

Will the scroll thingy be edited to ?

SONY said:
chp, thank you for all the suggestions collecting. :)

EDIT:

Oh, by the way, will v2.0 be out before Valentines Day (February 14th)...because I'm planning to get my
fiancé a Wiz (and I'm going to put a special pink hearts wallpaper on it as well, lol) as a Valentines Day gift? :wiz: B)
February...!?It will be out in a few days...No reason to worry about that.

DarkShadowSwE said:
chp said:
DarkShadowSwE said:

Will the scroll thingy be edited to ?
Already done...

chp said:
February...!?It will be out in a few days...No reason to worry about that.

Thanks, mate. I just thought that you've collected so many feedback and suggestions since the first update that it'd take a while to implement all of them into v2.0.
I'm saying this, because before you know it, you'll be hearing the usual feedback from v2.0 and taking suggestions for a v3.0...

I'm very impressed of the new release.
You make more changes in short time as many other in a year hehe.

You have not solved the problem of loading ts_calibrate without starting media player before yet ?

I've tried thousand things but no luck until now.

Good idea to make the apps on the task bar.
A nice tool to test calibration is linedraw in usr/gp2x folder.
Should be nice to implement it there too.

Thanx very much for your fantastic work.

If you have paypal i want to donate you for your great work.
Maybe others too.

milkawax said:
I'm very impressed of the new release.
You make more changes in short time as many other in a year hehe.
You have not solved the problem of loading ts_calibrate without starting media player before yet ?
I've tried thousand things but no luck until now.
Good idea to make the apps on the task bar.
A nice tool to test calibration is linedraw in usr/gp2x folder.
Should be nice to implement it there too.
Thanx very much for your fantastic work.
If you have paypal i want to donate you for your great work.
Maybe others too.
Thank you milkawax!I do as much as I can and I'm glad that Win2X is supported so much.
Well...I fixed the ts_calibrate...Now it runs standalone!Did you try that out?If you did please feedback on me because I'm very interested on this...
And you are right about LineDraw...It will be done on the next version...
Well...it haven't crossed my mind sth like that..but I do have paypal...Although I do not know what info is needed for a donation...

chp said:
Thank you milkawax!I do as much as I can and I'm glad that Win2X is supported so much.
Well...I fixed the ts_calibrate...Now it runs standalone!Did you try that out?If you did please feedback on me because I'm very interested on this...
And you are right about LineDraw...It will be done on the next version...
Well...it haven't crossed my mind sth like that..but I do have paypal...Although I do not know what info is needed for a donation...

Ok , first start calibrate won't work by mine, but after a new restart it's ok for now.

The only things which won't work is Comics and Record starters , they won't start into the tool directly.
They only jumps into default tools menu of wiz.

All the other func are ok.

Need only paypal E-mail adress to send some bucks for ya work.

:lol:

milkawax said:
Ok , first start calibrate won't work by mine, but after a new restart it's ok for now.

The only things which won't work is Comics and Record starters , they won't start into the tool directly.
They only jumps into default tools menu of wiz.

All the other func are ok.

Need only paypal E-mail adress to send some bucks for ya work.

:lol:
Comics and Record are not supported as commands from the GPH menu...I am aware of this and I will replace them in the next version with something
more usefull.
About ts_calibrate..is a as I suspected,an initialization problem that has to do with the TSLIB plug-in...As long as you set the correct environment
variables,it works just fine!
Well..my paypal account e-mail is "daioglouc@yahoo.gr"...Thank you Milkawax!This goes far beyond my expectations and it is much appreciated!

Another excellent update, thank you. :)

I've got a couple of ideas and little bugs though:

1. Sometimes you can't delete items from the desktop. (You either have to delete something else first or try a few times)
2. When you add items to the desktop, it doesn't save sometimes & when you restart the Wiz these items have disappeared. (Do you have to save changes for the desktop manually, could it be done automatically?)
3. Could the Applications, Emulators, Ports & Games folders be renamable? (also an option to change the icons would be nice)
4. Could the items in the above folders and the desktop be arranged alphabetically? (& the capitals first problem fixed in the explorer)
5. Is there anyway to fit more than 24 items on the desktop?
6. Could the media menu be activated with the L button? (So we have the explorer on the R button & right side and the media selections on the L button & left side)
7. The Mplayer option is no longer needed on the explorer menu (activated with L or R), if the System option from the Win2X menu was moved here we would have an extra space in the Win 2X menu.
8. When you've finished with an option from the media menu, could it go back to Win2X rather than the ugly orange menu?
9. When in the one of the folders (emulators for example) and there's more than 15 items if you press down from the icon at the far right on the 2nd row it jumps down to the next page rather than the icon below it on the 3rd row.
10. You can't link to .gpe's with long names could this be fixed?
11. If you choose an item on the desktop and hold X the 'link description' would pop up on a bar above the taskbar. This would be
helpful with games etc. with names longer than 9 characters as this could stretch from one side of the screen to the other. Maybe the description box in the emulators etc. menu could be widened too (by deleting the name as it's already on the icon?)
12. One other minor thing, in the edit menu (select icon etc.) the red box you move up & down needs to be a touch wider.

I'm looking forward to the next release, this is the best thing that's happened to the Wiz in a long time. :)
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
3. Could the Applications, Emulators, Ports & Games folders be renamable? (also an option to change the icons would be nice)

it`s a png file, you can change it by yourself.

Back