Windows Batch File To .zip Everything In A Folder

Kibiru

Still Fresh
I've got hundreds of roms for multiple emulators that are not zipped, and while zipping each one individually would take more time than it would be worth, if I could just write a snippet of code in a .bat and put it in the folder I need, then execute it to .zip up everything in there, it would probably save me a ton of space. Anybody know how to do this, assuming it's do-able? (I realize this could be done on the gp2x itself as well, but I figgure this is probably easier, although if you can help me do it on the gp2x instead, that'd be great as well)

Download winrar, Install it, Then goto the folder with the files you want to zip. Select all thoughs files (press the "Ctrl+A" keys) and "right click" one of the files (while they are all still selected) and select "Add to archive" in the context menu. Winrar`s "Archive name and parameters" window should appear, In the "General" tab, Change "Archive format" to "Zip", Then goto the "Files" tab and under the "Archive" heading (Bottom of the window), Put a tick in the box labeled "Put each file into a seperate archive", Click "OK" and wait until it`s done. You can do that with any other folders of files you need to zip, But it won`t do folders in folders.

Hope that helps.

Trooper

trooper said:
Download winrar, Install it, Then goto the folder with the files you want to zip. Select all thoughs files (press the "Ctrl+A" keys) and "right click" one of the files (while they are all still selected) and select "Add to archive" in the context menu. Winrar`s "Archive name and parameters" window should appear, In the "General" tab, Change "Archive format" to "Zip", Then goto the "Files" tab and under the "Archive" heading (Bottom of the window), Put a tick in the box labeled "Put each file into a seperate archive", Click "OK" and wait until it`s done. You can do that with any other folders of files you need to zip, But it won`t do folders in folders.

Hope that helps.

Trooper
I already knew all of that up to the option to tick "Put each file into a seperate archive". Thanks a bunch for enlightening me to it, I'll probably use it all the time ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back