Windows Doesnt Like My Gp2x :(

Samba Pa Ti

Many Mooses Live In The Fields \o/
Website
dinkykitty.com
hi i got the unit 2 days ago and today the sd card came, now when i plug the usb in i get this popup window in my systray saying windows doesnt know what the gp2x is...

anyone know how to get it to see the gp2x ?

sd card is 2gb samsung with 'digEcam' written on the front and im on winxp sp2 with usb 2 ports

this is the message that keeps popping up http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/735/untitledjv8.jpg

I had the same problem with mine ages ago when i first got it

In the end i just use a normal SD card reader, dirt cheap and seem much quicker than the normal USB GP2X way.

Yeah, get a card reader, the usb storage capability of the gp2x is shit.

The usb mass storage thing on the gp2x is quite poor, just enable networking and samba and copy the files across that way - much better :)

Or even better than that is a sd card reader/writer. You can get these for a couple of quid.

Samba Pa Ti posted on Aug 3 2006 at 12:58 PM said:
lol, thx for the replies im just wondering which card reader to get now, from argos.co.uk , since i can get that today.

Well i bought a dirt cheap one off the internet which reads all different cards. Theyre very cheap, Argos might be a bit dearer as theyre more 'mainstream' but either way it wont cost you tons

Get one and then the joy of the GP2X is there !

Last edited by a moderator:
tried both it hates both :(

edit* another thing i noticed is that when i click/press the usb menu it doesnt show 'connected' anymore (it did earlier) this might have somthing to do with it :S

I have XP sp 1 running on a computer and it can see and know what my GP2X is, but the transfer rate stinks! It eats your batteries alive. It peels the skin off of your batteries and the screaming is too terrible to bare listening to. My card reader is much more happier to deal with. Most of the time I use my main desktop which has SuSE Linux 10.0 installed. It has no problem seeing my GP2X. But again the card reader is much more humane when dealing with your batteries. :)

Back