Windups Icons

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hello

I have been making some icons for Windups, which you can download here:

www.holster.co.uk/icons.zip

They work fine on the GP32 in Windups, but I was wondering about something ese. I would like to put the GIFs on a GP32 webpage, but rather than generate seperate web versions to display in HTML, can I use the GP32 icons with transparency? My icons currently have a pink colour to act as transparent as per the GP32 palette, but if I try to make this pink the transparency colour in Photoshop, they don't display in WIndups. I'm only trying to save a bit of time, but can I use the same GIF with transparency for HTML AND Windups so people can see and download which ones they want?

Hope this makes sense...?

Cheers

®

PS If you like the icons, let me know as I hope to make more of them and backgrounds too.

Extremely good,Just a few more systems and itll be amazing!Hey could we have the atari logo For the atari st Say with the logo with 2600 or st across. Good work,Nicely done,I just flashed my gp32 back to the original firmware,It seems better quality than mr.Spivs, Anyone know the best firmware to use??????

To be honest anything BUT the original firmware is good. But that is personal opinion...

As for the icons, nice job, I was going to do something similar but atm I have my controller selection. http://yaustar.mysite.ws/

Nice Icons.

By the way I have Mr. Spiv's multifirmware and like it a lot more than the original.
Can't you even set the orginal firmware as defult in Mr. Spiv's firmware? ;)

Damaki, I thought it should be possible too, and I have been trying...

If I nominate the pink as the transparency colour in Photoshop, the icon does not appear in Windups, presumably as that has altered the pallette. I was thinking that maybe I just use that altered palette for the backgrounds so it will be passed on to the icons, but then my icons would not work with other backgrounds. Maybe there is an HTML trick to use the pink as transparent, or another way to do it...

I have tried 'Save for web' to limit the palette and cut down the file size with similar results. I'm experienced with Photoshop, so I'm not doing anything wrong as such, the problem lies with my understanding of Windups and how it handles the pallette.

It really is only a small point but it ought to be possible to put the same GIFs on my webpage and be able to use them in Windups. I'd like people to be able to see and browse them easily and download/drag the ones they want to their machine. I don't want to have a pink webpage!

®

It 's true, as soon as you nominate a colour in the palette to be transperent, WIndups doesnt like it. I believe it takes pink nad makes it transperent at run time... :(

Cheer Yaustar, that's exactly what I meant. Not the news I wanted, but that solves it. I will make seperate HTML preview versions which will have to link to the downloadable Windups version...

®

Back