Wiz Emulating Ps1 (Video)

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site

I believe this is a recent entry in the spanish coding competition. Looking forward to the (hopefully) inevitable Caanoo port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghanji said:
this looks very promising :rolleyes: :)

Yes, and I can only imagine it'll run even better on the Caanoo.

Nova said:

I believe this is a recent entry in the spanish coding competition. Looking forward to the (hopefully) inevitable Caanoo port.
SOTN enough showed!!! OMG I creamed my pants!!!

Derek said:
OMG I creamed my pants!!!

Mike said:
I think I just jizzed....

Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Peter R said:
Nova said:
Ghanji said:
this looks very promising :rolleyes: :)

Yes, and I can only imagine it'll run even better on the Caanoo.

I imagine it will probably run exactly the same :S.

The RAM boost will surely help, at least a little.

Nova said:

I'm afraid not :< There's really nothing that a PS1 emulator targeting 320x240 could benefit from by having > 64MB of RAM. Even PSP does fine on well under 32MB.

I was going to post exactly what Peter R did but I was afraid of the responses ;p

Exophase said:
Nova said:

I'm afraid not :< There's really nothing that a PS1 emulator targeting 320x240 could benefit from by having > 64MB of RAM. Even PSP does fine on well under 32MB.

I was going to post exactly what Peter R did but I was afraid of the responses ;p

Well darn. Regardless, with optimizations, surely it's possible to get games like FFVII running a bit more smoothly?

jbrodack said:
OK fine buzzkill the caanoo will be exactly the same for playstation emulation.
You just ruin all our dreams with your technical knowledge :p

But, PS1 emulation on Wiz is looking pretty fantastic and will probably only get better, so no worries, right?

I do wonder though, what clock speed is this at? Sorry if someone already answered that.

Yeah definitely no worries just had to throw in a joking sarcastic comment in there.

This definitely makes the wiz/caanoo more attractive. Also, if this is ported to the caanoo it would be interesting if they added an option for tilt controls. Would be cool for wipeout.

Exophase said:
I do wonder though, what clock speed is this at? Sorry if someone already answered that.

i've not read anything about clockspeed, neither here nor in the spanish forum. i assume it's overclocked, though - otherwise i'd really be amazed :)

Yep, IIRC, it runs at 790 or 800 MHz :) There's also a "bias" option which lets you underclock the emulated Playstation (pretty much like MAME or Gens when emulating the 32X), which seems to be very useful in many games.

Back