Wiz Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter R posted on May 22 2009 at 09:16 AM said:
I think WFUK meant that you could replace the files.
Thats what I thought, I've got the Wiz hooked up to my computer and I'm in the nand, but I don't see any system files or anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R posted on May 22 2009 at 09:24 AM said:
Check ED's filesystem rip to find where the files are. You will need to replace the files by means of a script run on the Wiz.
Am I going to have to have programming knowledge to do this, or is it simple to figure out?

A few observations and requests:

Put a bit more of a pivot in the d-pad. Right now it isn't horrible but the whole thing tends to sink down a bit too much rather than rock more. A center pivot of just .5 mm would add allot to the controls.

Put a different switch in the shoulder buttons. Right now they are stiff and too clicky and due to the small size of the unit it is not ideal. Just pick a tact switch with a lower gram force for activation.

only problem is for me is the screen tearing ,i know gph are working hard on this ,so far everything else about the wiz for me is great im very impressed with it ,

It's nice to see some feedback from GPH, :D
Thanks very much WarmFluffyUK.

Prophet// I will purchase 'Her Knights' (for Korean) ASAP and I hope I can give you some answer. :rolleyes: probably WarmFluffyUK catch me up though.

EDIT:typo

A suggestion for future case revisions: make the shoulder buttons 50% longer so that they reach the case's corners, making them reachable without the need to bend your index fingers.

This is my first "unconventional" system, and I like it so far with being able to play emulators. I have similar concerns as the others. The tearing is not too much of an issue. The other concerns I believe can be corrected in the emulators themselves through further development.

Q: Is there a wayto order original Wiz Stylus seperate?

Why:

My wiz dropped from a few 30 cm (no, it was on a carpet, so no damage) and the Stylus rocketeered out of the wiz, to the ceiling, from the ceiling to throu the open window and gone was the stylus, couldn't find it anywhere outside.

I got plenty of DS:DSi styli around, even the spare one that's in the wiz accesoire pack, but i like to have an original.
So any change of getting/ordering a few new ones?

Thx

DjoeN posted on May 23 2009 at 09:52 PM said:
Q: Is there a wayto order original Wiz Stylus seperate?
Why:

My wiz dropped from a few 30 cm (no, it was on a carpet, so no damage) and the Stylus rocketeered out of the wiz, to the ceiling, from the ceiling to throu the open window and gone was the stylus, couldn't find it anywhere outside.

I got plenty of DS:DSi styli around, even the spare one that's in the wiz accesoire pack, but i like to have an original.
So any change of getting/ordering a few new ones?

Thx

I really think you should be talking to your supplier.

By the way, anything else about your Wiz you would like to share wth us, what did you think about screen, controls etc?

Is there a chance any future versions of the Wiz will have a 3.5" screen? 2.8" is just a bit too small especially if you are used to playing on the GP2X. I'm not interested in the F300 because of that d-pad.

The tactile membrane makes colors a bit fuzzy, which kinda ruin the OLED screen quality. Maybe they should investigate for another supplier? Also fix the screen tearing issue ASAP please!

smiloo posted on May 24 2009 at 08:22 AM said:
The tactile membrane makes colors a bit fuzzy, which kinda ruin the OLED screen quality. Maybe they should investigate for another supplier? Also fix the screen tearing issue ASAP please!
I notice this as well. It gives it a grainy texture which is kind of disappointing. However if you raise the brightness it does improve it.

Prophet posted on May 22 2009 at 03:03 PM said:
I have a question that maybe you can get an answer about - being an old fan of Her Knights, I wonder if the Wiz version will offer any technical improvements and/or added content over the old GP32 game. If you have a chance to find out, I'd be curious to know.
Apparently Her Knights has been updated a little, I'm not sure exactly what has been updated so I have asked for more info.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 24 2009 at 12:17 AM said:
DjoeN posted on May 23 2009 at 09:52 PM said:
I really think you should be talking to your supplier.

By the way, anything else about your Wiz you would like to share wth us, what did you think about screen, controls etc?
don't hit me for the next list, you asked for some feedback to share, this is my opinion :)
don't take it the negative way, i do love my wiz, it just has some negative points, like any other console out there!

- I really would have loved to see a real reset button instead of a very small hole, that needs a needle to reset (paperclip is just to thick)
- Powerbutton is a bit hard to use, i need to use my nails to put it on/off/lock
- Sound settings get lost after every game/application used
(Example: when in picodrive, you load a rom, set your sound level, play a bit, exit to picodrive menu and load another rom, you have to readjust the volume)
- Touch screen (i do use a screen protector) isn't so sensitive as touchscreen on DS/DSLite/DSi (all used with screen protectors)
- The diagonal line in the screen is noticable, but not annoying
- The lack of hardware used with the build-in movieplayer (need to re-encode my tv episodes with "badak" but with loss of quality)
- Battery power drains extremly fast when playing divx (not tested with music)
- Lack of TV-out
- Lack of some sort of Wi-Fi or BT
- SD sticks out, just not 2mm

+ I do like the shoulderbuttons (i was a bit sceptic about those, but the do work well and feel comfy)
+ The ABYX buttons also do work and feel good, same for the D-pad
+ The wiz feels comfy in your hands (got small hands, but he, i'm Korean from origin :D (don't speak it))
+ Battery power is very good when only gaming is used.
+ I like the display, but other flaws has been mentioned already here
+ Damned fine homebrew community and members
+ Open Source
+ Time will improve the full potential of the Wiz, then you can make a descent review/compare, some flaws from lauch will be fixed by then :D

Anyway, just my opinion for now, and like told, i know the full potential of the wiz has yet to be unlocked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back