Wiz Forum? Where Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one as sometimes posts from it show up on the main page, but I assume it's set to private.

I guess it will go public when the time is right.

There is no "They". Only Hando can add, remove, and move forums. I guess he'll add a Wiz forum when he feels it is appropriate. This is his board, after all.

Why create a hidden development forum for a publicly accounced open-source console?

It boggles the mind how some people try so hard for the Wiz to fail. Enough with the elitism. It will just scare new potential devs away.

Peter R said:
craigix said:
There is one as sometimes posts from it show up on the main page
That is a blatant lie.

Er, no it isn't?

There was a thread which showed up on the main page, then another one a while later. Both said I could not view them, so I asked and was told why.

Stop being so aggressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Might he be on about the Wiz Development thread that isn't public yet?
That's lousy, why keep hidden a development thread about a device whose success will largely be in the hands of this community, users and developers alike? Unless GPH explicitly asked this of course.

Either way, I doubt they asked not to open a general discussion sub-board for the Wiz. Relevant topics have begun to pop up lately, and perhaps more would if there were a proper place for them.

Alex. said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Might he be on about the Wiz Development thread that isn't public yet?
That's lousy, why keep hidden a development thread about a device whose success will largely be in the hands of this community, users and developers alike? Unless GPH explicitly asked this of course.

Either way, I doubt they asked not to open a general discussion sub-board for the Wiz. Relevant topics have begun to pop up lately, and perhaps more would if there were a proper place for them.

There's things we may be discussing that GPH do not want public yet, so sorry but that's why it's currently not public.

Alex. said:
That's lousy, why keep hidden a development thread about a device whose success will largely be in the hands of this community, users and developers alike?
The same thing could be said about a certain other machine. And threads from neither forums pop up on the front page as it happens, they only did briefly until hando got around to sorting it (so I guess you could claim it is indeed a lie that threads appear on the front page). The forum is hidden because it was created before the Wiz photo was even leaked, let alone properly announced.

Orkie said:
The forum is hidden because it was created before the Wiz photo was even leaked, let alone properly announced.
What a drama! :eek:

It remains an issue if all the most interesting dev talk happens in privates areas, which explains the lack of any interesting dev topics for either of the products.

Unimportant people like myself get stuck with the spammer drivel in sections that key devs dont want to chat in.

icurafu said:
It remains an issue if all the most interesting dev talk happens in privates areas, which explains the lack of any interesting dev topics for either of the products.

Unimportant people like myself get stuck with the spammer drivel in sections that key devs dont want to chat in.
The Wiz private forum is pretty empty anyway (I couldn't possibly comment on forums for any other machine). Most people seem to talk via e-mail or IRC. A lot of GP2X developers stay away from GP32x entirely for the exact reason detailed in your last sentence :D.

icurafu said:
Why create a hidden development forum for a publicly accounced open-source console?
Because this is not really for talking about the development of software on the machine but the development of the machine itself and the firmware. It is no different than all the firmware discussion for the Pandora also being kept in house as it is. Besides, the forum was created a long time before the Wiz was a publicly announced system.

craigix said:
Peter R said:
craigix said:
There is one as sometimes posts from it show up on the main page
That is a blatant lie.

Er, no it isn't?

There was a thread which showed up on the main page, then another one a while later. Both said I could not view them, so I asked and was told why.

Stop being so aggressive.

No, If you look at the part of the quote that I put in bold you will see that I was not claiming that the existence of the Wiz forum is a lie. I was pointing out that you are lying about topics from it "popping up on the front page every now and then". That happened once right when the forum was created and that was all. That is not "now and then".

Peter R said:
No, If you look at the part of the quote that I put in bold you will see that I was not claiming that the existence of the Wiz forum is a lie. I was pointing out that you are lying about topics from it "popping up on the front page every now and then". That happened once right when the forum was created and that was all. That is not "now and then".
I already said I want same weed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back