Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Source Kernel/app Code Repo.?

pchan

Still Fresh
Hello,

im interested in starting some development on a gph wiz platform;
is there a central source code repo that holds the current kernel source, rootfs source(application)?
i was able to find a toolchain and a kernel (linux-2.6.24-pollux), however no luck finding any
application user space source code???

also are there any docs on flashing a new kernel and application image to a wiz device, once built from source?

thanks pete.

check out http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi ... there's lots of code floating around, from apps, games to emulators... :)

GPH have made no source available. However thanks to one member of this community we now have kernel and bootloader source, but the menu is still closed. Root filesystem is mostly standard busybox stuff, so it can be built from OSS sources.

Any kernel and bootloader can be flashed using their "firmware upgrade" mechanism, just name u-boot polluxb, kernel uImage, copy to root of SD and hold R while booting. Be warned though that it performs no checks on what it's flashing, so you can easily flash some junk and brick your Wiz!

notaz said:
GPH have made no source available. However thanks to one member of this community we now have kernel and bootloader source, but the menu is still closed. Root filesystem is mostly standard busybox stuff, so it can be built from OSS sources.

Any kernel and bootloader can be flashed using their "firmware upgrade" mechanism, just name u-boot polluxb, kernel uImage, copy to root of SD and hold R while booting. Be warned though that it performs no checks on what it's flashing, so you can easily flash some junk and brick your Wiz!

thanks for the info, its seems like the dingux environment is a little more open; id like to place an analog joystick down on one of these
devices; i like the wiz, but i need to beable to build a complete firmware package from source. looks like ill go with dingux for now.

pete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back