Wiz Support In Future?

MiOdd said:
Snowblindfrog said:
Exophase said:
Snowblindfrog said:
But I'm only 5 Castelvanias away from my dream!

What's the fifth one? Dracula X Chronicles? That really bad cell phone one?

PSX: Symphony of the Night
X68000: Akumajou Dracula later released on PSX as Castlevania Chronicles
DS: Dawn of Sorrow
DS: Portrait of Ruin
DS: Order of Ecclesia

Order of Shadows is the crappy cell phone one. :\

You are forgetting Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth on WiiWare which is pretty good and certainly won't be emulated anytime soon.

Its hardly worth to mention , but there is N64 castlevania , "that forcing of enviroment" was total dissapointment , also , 2 fully 3d made for PS2/XBOX also letdown

Last edited by a moderator:
He did say he was only counting the 2D ones.

MiOdd said:
You are forgetting Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth on WiiWare which is pretty good and certainly won't be emulated anytime soon.

Wow, I never even knew this was being made. I wish they'd do these things for more than just Wii :/ CVA was a game with some cool aspects but very flawed controls and frustrating gameplay elements. I always thought it'd be nice if someone made a ROM hack to improve these aspects. This looks like it'll be a much nicer alternative to that.

MiOdd said:

:D

I hadn't even heard of that one! Brilliant, now there are 6 I still need to get!

There might still be life left in the Wiz, I just read this on NewsWeeZ. (Here: http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/ along with pictures and a video)

GPH 2010 Plans

I thought to share a bit ‘of information that I have read around the web. No sure/confirmed news but better than nothing

Soon the GPH will release his first commercial boxed game for Wiz (in South Korea): Propis.

It fit on a ND memory card, which is basically a SD card with copy protection (more info on NextDisc: http://www.netsync.co.kr/EN/index-2-4.html).

Before this (or simultaneously) it will be released a firmware update with the following changes:

- 120hz refresh support for the screen (it could support more than 60 frames for 2D/3D games)
- Various bug fixes and updated to the latest version for OpenGL ES 3D library (especially multi-texture support in Quake)
- ND (Next Disc) support (see above)
- Minor bug fixes in the applications
- A fix for a touchscreen issue on some of the latest Wiz

Other commercial games that should be out soon are Rotate Gear (Kaiten Patissier), Deicide 3, Liar. These have been shown recently to the Korean Game Conference 2009 (KGC 2009), and here are some new images (in the last 2 a working TV-out too):

As regards FunGP site, the current estimate is an opening for the developers by the end of March 2010, and for the users/customers to May/June. Along with this, it should also be released the official SDK (with English manual) and launched a Coding Competition.

I haven’t new info about Wifi dongle or only rumours about the new GPH handlend (3.5” LCD screen and almost entirely compatible with GP2X Wiz).

And this:

New deadline for GLBasic Contest

The Boardgame Competition organized by GLBasic.com has been extended until the 12 February 2010. The prizes are:

1st place
- GP2X Wiz
- GLBasic SDK premium (or 2x USB-dance mat)
- GLBasic T-Shirt

2nd place
- GP2X Wiz

3rd place

More info: http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?site=boardgames-compo&lang=en

Cheers, Neil :)

Neil L said:
It fit on a ND memory card, which is basically a SD card with copy protection (more info on NextDisc: http://www.netsync.co.kr/EN/index-2-4.html).
These ND cards are just ordinary SD cards renamed? :p

MiOdd said:

Exophase said:
Wow, I never even knew this was being made. I wish they'd do these things for more than just Wii :/ CVA was a game with some cool aspects but very flawed controls and frustrating gameplay elements. I always thought it'd be nice if someone made a ROM hack to improve these aspects. This looks like it'll be a much nicer alternative to that.
CVA? Are you referring to the old B&W Game Boy title? This isn't a remake if that's what you were thinking, I don't know why they through Adventure in the title, but the WiiWare game is a completely new Castlevania.

Snowblindfrog said:
:D

I hadn't even heard of that one! Brilliant, now there are 6 I still need to get!
Yep, just released last week I believe, I'm happy to turn you onto a new Castlevania, if you have a Wii, I definitely recommend. :)

MiOdd said:
CVA? Are you referring to the old B&W Game Boy title? This isn't a remake if that's what you were thinking, I don't know why they through Adventure in the title, but the WiiWare game is a completely new Castlevania.

It's definitely influenced by CVA more than other CV games. I'm not able to listen to the music in the videos right now but when I do I'll see if they're remixing it.

Exophase said:
It's definitely influenced by CVA more than other CV games. I'm not able to listen to the music in the videos right now but when I do I'll see if they're remixing it.
Yes, I would agree it is influenced, the first thing I noticed when playing was the ability to shoot fireballs from your whip again, but still, I thought I'd just point out it's not a remake.

Back on topic.

Neil L said:
There might still be life left in the Wiz, I just read this on NewsWeeZ. (Here: http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/ along with pictures and a video)

GPH 2010 Plans

I thought to share a bit 'of information that I have read around the web. No sure/confirmed news but better than nothing

Soon the GPH will release his first commercial boxed game for Wiz (in South Korea): Propis.

It fit on a ND memory card, which is basically a SD card with copy protection (more info on NextDisc: http://www.netsync.c...ndex-2-4.html).

Before this (or simultaneously) it will be released a firmware update with the following changes:

- 120hz refresh support for the screen (it could support more than 60 frames for 2D/3D games)
- Various bug fixes and updated to the latest version for OpenGL ES 3D library (especially multi-texture support in Quake)
- ND (Next Disc) support (see above)
- Minor bug fixes in the applications
- A fix for a touchscreen issue on some of the latest Wiz

Other commercial games that should be out soon are Rotate Gear (Kaiten Patissier), Deicide 3, Liar. These have been shown recently to the Korean Game Conference 2009 (KGC 2009), and here are some new images (in the last 2 a working TV-out too):

As regards FunGP site, the current estimate is an opening for the developers by the end of March 2010, and for the users/customers to May/June. Along with this, it should also be released the official SDK (with English manual) and launched a Coding Competition.

I haven't new info about Wifi dongle or only rumours about the new GPH handlend (3.5" LCD screen and almost entirely compatible with GP2X Wiz).

And this:

New deadline for GLBasic Contest

The Boardgame Competition organized by GLBasic.com has been extended until the 12 February 2010. The prizes are:

1st place
- GP2X Wiz
- GLBasic T-Shirt

2nd place
- GP2X Wiz

3rd place

More info: http://www.glbasic.c...s-compo&lang=en

Cheers, Neil :)

1.jpg
2.jpg

I'm glad to see that more official games will be released. Although to be honest I didn't care a lot for Her Knights even though I enjoy that type of game usually.

TV-Out feature is what I'm really looking forward to. I hope they release a cable for it in the near future.

It's pretty easy to do once you find a cable to use and the right lines on the port. I have a TV out cable now although it's a temp hodge podge solution and not a wonderful looking docking station. See this forum thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51308-gp2x-wiz-tv-out-finally-possible/

MiOdd said:
Yes, I would agree it is influenced, the first thing I noticed when playing was the ability to shoot fireballs from your whip again, but still, I thought I'd just point out it's not a remake.

I got to listen to the music finally and I was pretty disappointed that they didn't remix any of the CVA ones, especially "Battle of the Holy" and "Revenge." Instead we just get yet another remix of Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears (and not particularly good ones at that), a remix of Aquarius (not nearly as good as the CotM one IMO), and a pretty good remix of Reincarnated Soul. And I guess a bunch of others from games I haven't played like Chronicles and Belmont's Revenge and Haunted Castle of all things.

But yeah, not really a remake, however if you follow the trend of other early GB "versions" of games I think it's fitting to have this one as much like CV1 as it is like the real CVA. I could imagine that if the original game were done better it'd have been more like the core of this. On the other hand, it would have been nice if Rebirth had a stage where you're escaping crushing walls.

Back