Wiz Vs F200

loosemoose

Still Fresh
I've been thinking about buying either of the two consoles, and I wanted to know which console is more reliable in emulation and has more potential for emulation in the future. I want the smoothest and simplistic game experience possible with less hassles and bugs as possible.

I asked this in another thread but it was an older thread that got bumped so I don't think anyone was checking it. So, since it's come up, I'm going to ask again:

Is the F200 an option anymore? I tried buying one last year before the Wiz came out and nobody had them in stock whatsoever, there was only one on eBay and it was way overpriced. Perhaps they're easier to find now due to people selling them to get a Wiz, but I've not checked. I've seen more than a few people ask which one is better so I'm really curious--is this even a legitimate choice anymore? Or are people just asking based on the assumption they can find one?

loosemoose said:
I want the smoothest and simplistic game experience possible with less hassles and bugs as possible.
Both systems will be the same in that regard. This community produces some outstanding software, but a fact of life with handhelds like this is that you will come across the occasional bug, you'll need to read the readme's reasonably often, and sometimes you'll need to consult the forums for help. Some people find the first month or so a little frustrating, but once you're in the swing of things it's all fun. It's not like you have to learn to hack linux or anything, it's all drag and drop file management.

If you decide to go for it, go for the Wiz. The better controls and battery life alone will be worth it.

DurTahar: Some people still consider the F200 a valid option. With its AA batteries and subpar controls... I don't know why. I really like mine (the modded d-pad helps), but if I had to choose it would be the Wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say go for the Wiz too. I have an F100 and F200 and the Wiz. I can honestly say that I haven't played a single game on either GP2X since getting my Wiz. It really is much more comfortable to play with and the screen (which isn't tiny, like some would have you believe), looks incredible from any angle, in pretty much any light condition. Sure the Wiz isn't perfect, but the GP2Xs suffer from their own fair share of faults too.

DurTahar: Some people still consider the F200 a valid option. With its AA batteries and subpar controls... I don't know why. I really like mine (the modded d-pad helps), but if I had to choose it would be the Wiz.

Maybe I didn't make my question clear enough, but what I meant is can you even buy F200s anymore? When I tried last year I could not find one to save my life (unless I wanted to pay $300-$400 for the only one I could find on ebay), but it might have changed.

Ah sorry. Yeah, I guess it's a matter of whether one comes up at the right time (and price). They do seem pretty scarce. There are a couple on ebay now, with plenty of bids.

Back