Wizfrontier V0.1

JoJo_ReloadeD

Still Fresh
Here is my port of Elite 2:Frontier to the Wiz:

Frontier_elite2_screenshot.gif

WizFrontier v0.1
WizFrontier v0.1 source

Enjoy :lol:

I couple things from limited experience trying this.

1. Location selection, always goes to merlin
2. Map moving the cursor also moves the map, without touchscreen it wouldnt work.

Pickle said:
I couple things from limited experience trying this.

1. Location selection, always goes to merlin
2. Map moving the cursor also moves the map, without touchscreen it wouldnt work.

You can select the location only with your stylus directly as it seems , every key I tryed got me to merlin.
I think controls have to be improved in many ways for the WIZ, so lets hope this port continues.

I am also looking forward for an overclock function (has Frontier build in frame limiter?)...
allthough the speed breaks down on planets, the game allready is fun to play,
so thank you very much for this quick port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm, sounds more like an emulator running the game if it's getting slowdown rather than a Port as my A500 (8Mhz Motorola 68000) ran it ok and my A1200 (12Mhz 68020) ran it well. I'd imagine a Wiz should be able to run it full speed without any effort what-so-ever...

Enverex said:
Hrm, sounds more like an emulator running the game if it's getting slowdown rather than a Port as my A500 (8Mhz Motorola 68000) ran it ok and my A1200 (12Mhz 68020) ran it well. I'd imagine a Wiz should be able to run it full speed without any effort what-so-ever...

I heard the Atari ST version was poorly coded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool. Is there any way to turn the volume down? It is too loud and I couldn't find a way the volume controls don't do anything.

Back