Wizznic! 0.9.9 Released

DusteD

Still Fresh
Website
dusted.dk
After almost a year, I've pulled myself together and gotten a bit done :)
Enjoy! :)

(Ps. untested on wiz as of now! Feedback appreciated)

Get it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wizznic/files/Gp2X%20Wiz%20Releases/

And later on here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,252

Thanks DusteD
I don't have a wiz to test...but i want to compile a Pandora version and maybe try to port to GP2X.
If you don't mind i will do it. :)

GP2X version is ready...and play very nice. :) I will upload in the next few hours..
Pandora will follow...

Farox said:
GP2X version is ready...and play very nice. :) I will upload in the next few hours..
Pandora will follow...
That, my friend is most AWESOME news! I'm very happy that you'd take the effort to port it! :)
Will these ports have some kind of "official" home, that I could point the docs/ports.txt entries to ? I would also be happy to host them on the Wizznic! Project's sf.net account (with appropiate credits ofcause).

Don't worry, 1.0 is on it's way, an will arrive during the next year :p I'm just that lazy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Orion4874 said:
Crashes back to the main menu when starting a new game for me. Anyone else try this out?

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce, have you got an updated firmware for your wiz ? (I don't), in that case, which one ? Thank you :)

Here is the GP2X F100/F200 version http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,2897
I'm working on Pandora port...Software surface rendering is ok ...i'm trying a GLES conversion but...don't know if i reach the goal.
Anyway i'll release a Softsurface version soon .
Feel free to include my ports on your site...and if you want i could send my code..so you can merge.

DusteD said:
Orion4874 said:
Crashes back to the main menu when starting a new game for me. Anyone else try this out?

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce, have you got an updated firmware for your wiz ? (I don't), in that case, which one ? Thank you :)
Yeah, it's the latest, 1.2.6

Orion4874 said:
DusteD said:
Orion4874 said:

Yeah, it's the latest, 1.2.6

Hmm, I'm wondering.. Maybe your wiz don't like the overclock to 600 mhz, try settingg the wizclock to 533 in the settings.ini file, please tell me if that worked, then I will make that the default clockspeed again :)

OK, it turns out that it's just the first pack that crashes when starting a new game. Pack 2 and the silver pack work fine. I checked the configuration files in each pack but didn't notice any differences so I'm not sure what the problem is there.
Also, is there a way to add some of the packs from 0.9.1? Seems there were a lot more in that version.

Orion4874 said:
OK, it turns out that it's just the first pack that crashes when starting a new game. Pack 2 and the silver pack work fine. I checked the configuration files in each pack but didn't notice any differences so I'm not sure what the problem is there.
Also, is there a way to add some of the packs from 0.9.1? Seems there were a lot more in that version.

Strange stuff indeed! Hmm, I'll examine this closer..

It's quite a bit of work adding those packs at the moment, and the effort would be wasted as I'm preparing a new release this weekend where I hope to include them, the level-file format changed and I was unable to get those updated in time :)
Thank you for testing and helping out! :)

Excellent, I'll definitely be looking forward to that. It's a shame no one else left any feedback, I'm starting to think that there's not too many Wiz's out there still in working order.

Thanks for everything DusteD! :D

Yea, seems there is not that much going on in the Wiz scene, it's a shame, such a sweet little device.. I personally would love to see one of the gameboy (I'm that old) emulators getting the final polish.. :)
Okay, I promised a bit more than I could keep, only a few packs made it over to the new version last night, if you know how to use git, you could pull them from there and put them into your "packs" directory, but no worries, I'll be working on it again next weekend :)

Great work - I used to love puzznic on my old C64 (way) back in the day! It's really nice to see a game like this get so much polish as well. I grabbed the extra packs from git, but haven't had a chance to play it much yet, but I will.

I agree it's sad that the Wiz seems to be sidelined these days, it's still a very capable device.

Btw, my unit can handle over 600Mhz, didn't have any problems.

Keep it up mate! :)

Back