Wolf3d What Have You Noticed Missing/wrong?

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello,
Once again I'm trying to look at the wolf3d code to see what I can fix (and not having success with some of the stuff that I know about :S) So what I'm asking is besides the following list has anybody noticed anything else wrong?

-No Music
-Deathcam takes ~5-10 seconds to load (but game is still playable and you can get past it)
-Savenames aren't saved

Thanks for any help!
TJ Hooka

It is too fast in walk mode. When you move it is hard to position and aim that fast. Also there is some screen flicker as well.

DaveC: Have you tried the newest version? The screen flicker is down a bit and the walk speed IS exactly the same as Wolf3D played on an older computer (I sat and played them side by side and tweaked Wolf3D until it was the proper speed)

But if anyone has any suggestions as to how to remove all flickering from the screen I'm willing to listen and try!

WinterKid: There is text input (you use up and down to choose a character and left and right to go to the next space) but the name isn't saved yet... although I guess that I could try and add chatboard input into it also.

Not really a bug, but can you impliment a text input or chatboard routine for savegame names? Shame we can't get the automap feature from the SNES version added to the build.

Are all you guys playing with the full version of Wolfenstien and Spear of Destiny? That death cam only occurs in the full version of the game. I don't mean to sound grabby or anything, but can someone sort of point me in the direction of where the full version is? I wouldn't mind paying for it but I already paid for full Doom and Wolfenstein a couple years ago and don't wanna do it again just for one that will work specifically on my GP32.

Sorry, don't mean to be off-topic, just trying to get some directions from someone who was able to find the full version and this seemed like the right place.

Before the flames begin, you could try doing a search for Wolf3D and torrent on google. Other than that, you could check the used bins in video game shops. I found mine for $3. Got Doom Ultimate for $7. Still looking for Rise of the Triad, though.

Hooka, could you have the QUIT option reset the GP32 or something?

Okay, got the files I needed (turns out I was only missing a few) and as far as I can tell so far (only a few levels sampled) this plays great.

Automap would be pretty cool, but as long as the game doesn't crash anywhere and allows saves, then I'm quite satisfied! Thanks Hooka for this project and for actively encouraging feedback.

Just wondering- how does one input a cheat code, or is it possible to do so? I'd love to sample some of the later stages of each level.

Thanks again Hooka (and winterkid), this is awesome.

I'm slightly confused here... WinterKid are you playing the latest release from the sourceforge page? because you can enter savenames from the d-pad (but I might consider adding chatboard support for that too if I get it actually saving the names ;) ) and the quit button will reset the GP32 when you hit the a button when the question comes up, I did this quite awhile ago... thanks for all the feedback though!

Unfortunately I haven't enabled ALL the cheats yet... but there are some like god mode and the MLI code (but it's more GP32ish... I bet wolf3d looks good on a BLU) You can even get to the jukebox that's built into Wolf3D, unfortunately adlib music is still missing so it's useless for the moment...

Back