Wolf3d Update And A Small Request For Some Help

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello all,
Sorry I've been so tarty as of late with... well, everything. I finally managed to get the wolf3d port for the GP2X to a point where it is no longer dependant on defines to seperate the versions, and therefore, can soon have a menu added and I'll continue on with the more important part of the port. The only problem is I may have figured out how to modify code but I'm kind of lacking in the smarts to make my own menu still. I've got a basic idea of the logic I'm just not familiar with SDL or anything to do so at this point in time...

If anybody has some crazy SDL code they don't mind throwing out there or has some info/help it would be appreciated!

Also as a note for anybody having trouble with crashes, ect. with wolf3d make sure your data files are from 1994, id software changed the data format from the 1992 release hence all the problems and a need for different vgafiles. Hope that's helpful to atleast somebody

Todo List:
-Maybe reimplement the MMU Hack using the kernel module (not that wolf3d really needs it that bad)
-Underclock like a MoFo (If you know some good settings for clockspeeds anywhere from 40 - 200 please let me know)
-make sound controls better (have it go up and down without having to push the button a million times)
-Nice shiny menus
-put the shareware readme stuff back in
-Who knows, I probably had more than that I wanted to do but just can't remember it

Thanks
TJ Hooka

The only issue ive had with the port was the sound only working with headphones. Some sound plays on the speakers, but it comes out muffled and cracky. Maybe some of your planned changes will fix it.

Excellent, I've enjoyed Wolf3d for a long time.

I was wondering if there was a way to make the controls not so sensitive. As in, with the GP2x's "Unique" control stick. Sometimes it is difficult to go in a straight line without it jolting to the right or left. Granted it does this in a lot of games, but it seems that it is more sensitive in Wolf3d then in say Doom or Hexen ports. If you have any suggestions that would be great.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Blades

Back