Wolf4sdl 1.5

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Ive updated Wolf4SDL. Get the binary here. (The link is up to date)

This version is mainly a bug fix version that mostly graphical in nature.
Includes a change to the audiobuffer to 128 (should be more in sync)
Push wall movement drawing fixes
Disappearing Sprite for unused Items not disappearing while still in view
Removal of ghosting if the game ends
See changes.txt for all the specifics

Runs well at 200 Mhz, Blazes at 220 Mhz
Probally the last release for the GP2X for while as I cant find anything wrong with it :)

As always take a look at the Readme file and have fun!

I've just downloaded this to play the 1.4 demo (1wolf14.zip) and I'm experiencing some control issues :-

For example in the main menu, when I press the joystick up it first moves up the menu and then selects the menu item. Joystick down works fine so I use that to scroll down the menu and eventually arrive back at "New Game". I enter the game and press joystick right and it exits to the menu.

Also as I can only currently rotate left, when I do so the sound distorts like some very noisy person eating a bag of crisps :p

Additionally I renamed Wolf4SDL.gpe to wolf4sdl and made a script called Wolf4SDL.gpe that executes wolf4sdl but this shouldn't make any difference.

I have a GP2X F100 Mark II fw 2.1.0 and I'm using GMenu2X.

Cheers.

Thunor said:
I've just downloaded this to play the 1.4 demo (1wolf14.zip) and I'm experiencing some control issues
Cheers.
Delete the config.* files and try again, I will load the demo on my setup and see I get similar results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Thunor said:
I've just downloaded this to play the 1.4 demo (1wolf14.zip) and I'm experiencing some control issues
Cheers.
Delete the config.* files and try again, I will load the demo on my setup and see I get similar results.

Ok I downloaded the demo from 3d realms and used the 1.4 demo binary. There were some control problems but its because the joystick it being turned on. Turn it off and everything should be normal.
Although Ive seen that the previous settings are not being remembered so you have to turn the joystick off each time. Maybe this is a bug with just the demo.
I had no problems with the sound, although I have seen strange issues when running the full game at 210 Mhz. 200 and 220 have been fine.

Marvellous, thanks for this Pickle. It took me a while to get it going, then I realised I was putting the game files straight onto the ‘2X before first installing (ie, extracting) them on PC. :facepalm: :lol:

Pickle said:
There were some control problems but its because the joystick it being turned on. Turn it off and everything should be normal.

Ok, that fixed it, thanks.

Thunor said:
Pickle said:
There were some control problems but its because the joystick it being turned on. Turn it off and everything should be normal.

Ok, that fixed it, thanks.

Do you also see the that the previous settings are not being saved?

Pickle said:

To test this properly I have deleted the binary and 1wolf14 and reinstalled it.

The very first time I play the shareware 1.4 binary with 1wolf14 the joystick is enabled which causes control problems. I disabled the joystick in the control menu, quit the game, restarted the game and the joystick is disabled therefore my settings are being saved.

That horrible sound I experienced when rotating left with the joystick enabled, well I've since found that it is the default sound when pressing the A button. I don't know if it's supposed to sound like that or maybe it's distorted, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I don't have the sound loud so it doesn't interfere with my game.

Everything is fine for me now.

Cheers.

Thunor said:
Pickle said:

To test this properly I have deleted the binary and 1wolf14 and reinstalled it.

The very first time I play the shareware 1.4 binary with 1wolf14 the joystick is enabled which causes control problems. I disabled the joystick in the control menu, quit the game, restarted the game and the joystick is disabled therefore my settings are being saved.

That horrible sound I experienced when rotating left with the joystick enabled, well I've since found that it is the default sound when pressing the A button. I don't know if it's supposed to sound like that or maybe it's distorted, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I don't have the sound loud so it doesn't interfere with my game.

Everything is fine for me now.

Cheers.

well thats good for the settings, for th sound check the settings make sure your using the digital/adlib settings.

Back