Gp2psx V0.35

Shikaku posted on Feb 19 2006 at 08:29 PM said:
Hmm, it seems the M2CDM cannot support large amounts of files (command line limitation). I'll get back to you if I can get another FREE program and update the guide accordingly...

Edit: Um... zodttd are you trying to get framerate working at 50/60 hz with frameskip or something? We have not gotten any updates for awhile, and in the past we got updates like every other day...
So? Just be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku: Thanks.

Zodttd, would it be possible to add .zip support, or is there a reason you have not?

Goity posted on Feb 20 2006 at 08:32 AM said:

Zodttd, would it be possible to add .zip support, or is there a reason you have not?

Read Shikaku's guide. It tells you how to compress your CD images for use with the gp2x.

Goity posted on Feb 19 2006 at 04:32 PM said:

You can't because you can't access a specific sector of a CD image from any compression algorhythm (minus PocketISO's)

Shikaku posted on Feb 19 2006 at 10:44 PM said:

You can't because you can't access a specific sector of a CD image from any compression algorhythm (minus PocketISO's)
Aaahh.. I though it might be something like that.

Shikaku posted on Feb 20 2006 at 09:44 AM said:

It's the same with any ROM. Normally it uncompressed the entire rom in memory, be it volitile or virutal. But that's a little difficult with PSX roms.

These are the games I have to test:

I've got them all compressed and waiting. Still takes a long time to test each one. Is there anything in there that is particularly interesting to anyone, and want tested?

-Blade of Darkness
-Breath of Fire 3
-Dead or Alive
-Star Ocean 2
-Tales of Destiny 2
-Resident Evil
-Silent Hill
-Suikoden 2
-Vargrant Story
-Xenogears
-MGS
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Final Fantasy 7
-Final Fantasy 9
-Diablo
-Spyro 2
-Chrono Trigger
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night
-Tekken 3
-Wipeout

Alright, some tests of my own:

Sexy Parodius
10 FPS w/ sound/music
15 FPS w/o sound/music

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Wouldn't load

Pepsiman
10-15 FPS w/ sound/music
10-15 FPS w/o sound/music

I might try some more later. But man, things went so slow it feels like life its moving at 15 FPS. Well, things can only get better.

Hey ZodTTD, any chance you'd be able to add kounch's TV-Out support to the next release (posted here)?

That would be awesome... :lol:

Yeah, imagine playing PSX games on the big screen, that would be godly. e.e

Edit: Note, above message was sarcasm, I hoped it was more obvious with the 'e.e'. :)

Back