Gp2psx V0.34

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
UPDATED:
http://www.friggingames.com/gp2psx034c.zip
This release fixes issues with PAL games.

Hi everyone,

Grab GP2PSX v0.34 at:
http://www.friggingames.com/gp2psx034.zip

New in this release:
- Fixed a bug that caused the screen to wrap around the screen vertically. Seen in Ridge Racer and Azure Dreams in v0.33b, now fixed.
- Sped up the GPU a bit by only drawing frames that changed.
- Changed the PSX timings a bit more to optimize for the GP2X. You should be able to see speed improvements of some degree.
- Loading times within games should be quicker.
- Some minor fixes and touch ups.
- Movies should play slightly smoother, with sound sync'd a bit better

This small update might give some user's a decent performance boost, even over v0.33b. I'm hoping the timing changes I've made are compatible with the majority of games. If not, let me know. Give it a try, worst is you'll have to use v0.33b for another few days until a new release is out. ;P

I'm in the process of sorting the project tasks and getting a time frame on things. Hopefully in the next release or two, some of AntiPasta's code can be implemented. Unai's work will take some time, but it will be worth the wait.

Basically, this is a small release to hold everyone over while I get things together for cooperative work on the project. ;P

Glad to hear the great results people are getting with v0.33b. Let me know how this one compares, since I'll use feedback to determine whether the changes made were a good decision.

You should see One Piece Mansion's lil 3D intro. It looks awesome. It runs at 8-10 FPS with 0 frameskip with no overclocking. It still looks pretty smooth and the game is fairly playable as well. :)

Thanks,
ZodTTD

P.S. Did someone restart that GP2PSX screenshot thread? I loved seeing pictures of games running with GP2PSX. :)

Nice job!!

<offtopic> Did you know the Playstation was originally gunna be a CD add on for the SNES?</offtopic>

Awsome Job Zod, I've just been stuck using my environment until I get mine on Friday morning. I think I have alittle something, something going on in the works for our little favorite device. Just watch out for my Alias ShaDow!!!

<offtopic> Ummm...........yeah, Oh, and Atari did not make a deal with Nintendo to make the NES, just attempted to make a deal with them to put some of there games on there. Tengen was a offshoot of Atari games Inc. who had heavy ties with Namco, almost caused a rift between the two companies, before they got into the tetris thing. Game History has some of the most interesting stories and they all connect to each other in one way or another. Six degrees of Nintendo anyone? </offtopic>

Uh, when i try to play FF7 Only half the screen is emulated. The other half is flashing yellow and red. WTF? I'll try HLE. This is compressed btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
each new version i can defiently see the improvement in speed while testing resident evil 2, good work zodttd, and anyone else who works on it!

the movies at the start of RE2 are almost watchable, and i actually managed to walk a few screens from the start of the game as it wasnt too slow.

fps counter is still weird...this definetly isnt going 0fps

ill take some pics of it playing some games tonight

It now doesnt work with Ridge Racer, it gets to the black screen with the greeny bluey writing saying about unauth'd copies etc and doesnt go anyfurther, that only fills 3/4's of the screen too.

Ahh, ok sorry to have bothered you.

Someone on here suggested that PSX will never be playable on the GP2X for action games, and that it would only really be turn based games that the emultor could usefully be used for.

Is this right, or are we likely to get some action games playable with some frameskip and a fair bit of overclocking?

Last edited by a moderator:
great release... some 3D parts are getting quite playable, i was also quite suprised that sound didnt draw that much power...
any games that are quite playable with this version?
will have to try a bit more...

Back