Gp2psx V0.10

Now I don't know how this particular emu is implemented, but if it runs the emulation core at 15 fps and frameskip is 3 that means that the emulator skips the graphics output for 2 out of 3 frames, only rendering the third. That would give you 5 fps.

Retard question:

Everyone keeps refering to the wiki compatability list. Can I have a URL for that please? I have searched this thread, but no sign.

Quick couple of questions,

1, How big are the .Bin/.Cue files for Bust-a-Move 3?

I get them as 40kb/1kb without mucking about with it at all. Looks really small.

2, In your opinion what is the best emulator for the PC to test these out on?

Should have it worked out by the time it gets to me,

Cheers

jislizard posted on Dec 8 2005 at 06:57 AM said:
Quick couple of questions,

1, How big are the .Bin/.Cue files for Bust-a-Move 3?

I get them as 40kb/1kb without mucking about with it at all. Looks really small.

2, In your opinion what is the best emulator for the PC to test these out on?

Should have it worked out by the time it gets to me,

Cheers

40kb is way too small, something is wrong. Cue's are usually around 1kb, but the bin should be in the megabytes for even the smallest PSX games.

For PC PSX emulation, I alternate between PSXeven and ePSXe, they both seem to work well enough.

-OCA|

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're usiong clonecd, remember it makes 3-4 files. There's a .bin (or an .img), a .cue, a .ccd, and if you've turned on subchannel reading, a .sub.

Typically, the Bin will be between 400 and 600mb, whilst everything else will be titchy (actually the .sub file is usually around 20mb, but still, titchy in comparisson).

So make sure you're looking at the right file!

i saw someone saying he just copied the files of the CD to the SD, and said it was faster, can we really do that instead of using ISOs etc?

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 09:53 PM said:
xafier posted on Dec 7 2005 at 09:40 PM said:
wasisme posted on Dec 7 2005 at 09:17 PM said:
does this emu support clone cd .img files or just .bin and if only bin does anyone know of a converter between the two images i want to try out this emu

just re-rip your game, it'll be easier :)
.... it would only be easier if you're assuming he "acquired" these games legally :unsure: .....
i required them legally it just im not sure my old psx games will read there lost in a massive pile of stuff and i already have backups

Quick question: how is the sound like though the psx emulator? Or is there none at all?

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 8 2005 at 01:14 AM said:
Well, i tried final fantasy tactics and all it gave me was a green screen :(

I ripped it with Winiso, converted it to a .bin file, and then compressed it to .znx with pocketiso 2.0. I would test the original .bin file but I don't have room on my SD card :(

fft works for me - but slow :p
normal comp on pocketiso 2.0 with nothing removed.
pretty crap on my s-l-o-w igig card waiting for fast one to arrive :(

Ranger X posted on Dec 8 2005 at 09:19 AM said:
Quick question: how is the sound like though the psx emulator? Or is there none at all?

Trick question: how is the sound like though the psx emulator? Or is there none at all?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG sound!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ive tried tried quite a few games and it seems that compressed they all just freeze is this just my games the way i compress them or what

Try them uncompressed (bin/cue). When I try games that worked as bin/cue converted to pocketiso compressed images, i get stallage also.

Question:

I've been trying Muppet Monster Adventure (don't ask - its my wife's favorite game - if there is ANY chance of getting a SECOND GP2x in the houes, this is it).

The ISO as is is too big for my 512MB card. So I use PocketISO - tried TONS of different things - all give me a LOADING screen and COMPLETE hang (power cycling is the ONLY way out).

Is there any way to shrink this think down WITHOUT the PocketISO? What else could be causing the problem? Would "General Incompatibility" cause this sort of behavior?

Thanks!

Back