Gp2psx V0.31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird: for frameskip I have to press the joystick button and L/R...

I get 8 FPS on Xenogears though! xd

Is that 8fps fast but juteery (a la a movie at 8fps) or 8fps slow as a drunk 3-toed sloth moving in any direction but down?

Xenogears is easily my favourite game on the PSX :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well , i feel like it's time to try that emu! :D

but , i tried to rip ridge racer revolution, super-small game for my memory card, and the iso is 700Mo big ...
is there an utility to remove audio tracks or files from isos? :D

tried, but not what i want , it's ripping audio and video and compressing, but i don't get small images ...
maybe i also use it badly, but my idea was selecting tracks :D

so i found ISOBUSTER, not free , but has some good free functions,

you can save one track only as a BIN file for example, on PSX CDs , it's track 1, others are audio,

that makes my UNCOMPRESSED iso 10Mo big ! :)

but i don't know if it's a known problem: the emu FREEZES in the file selector if i go to the root of the SD card ...
problem solved for me by putting the iso in the emu's directory, but it's a strange crash anyway :huh: first i thought i overcklocked too much, but no, crashes at original speed too ...anyway tested:
ridge racer revolution : slow at 274 mhz, even galaga is not full speed, about 2FPS ingame :D but only one graphical bug, the top of the screen is rendered at the bottom ..

hle is much faster, maybe twice! :)

next to try: rayman and johnny bazookatone! :D

also the readme says
Volume Down: Displays framerate and lowers the frameskip.
Volume Up: Displays framerate and raises the frameskip.
L+R+A+B+X+Y to exit the game.
Push down on the analog stick and press L/R for L2/R2 respectively.

this seem to be inversed for me, click+R2 raises frameskip and click+R1 lowers it, but even with frameskip 10, i don't see any difference in ridge racer..

Why not treat the PSX binary code as if it were another programming language and write a static translator that could translate it into gcc-compilable C code and data files? I think that would be easier that optimizing a dynrec...

Why not post this in the up to date PSX topic in the News forum?
ZodTTD might read it and you might not get kicked for gravedigging. :)

rooster. We need some discipline in here and if you don't like this and prefer a Forum full of spam and 23426 times the same question asked, then you're alone with your opinion!

xhyldazhk posted on Aug 4 2006 at 09:37 AM said:
Why not treat the PSX binary code as if it were another programming language and write a static translator that could translate it into gcc-compilable C code and data files? I think that would be easier that optimizing a dynrec...

Why not post the same question only once, instead of multimple times?
And it's still a ridiculous idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back