Gp2psx V0.10

Hey guys.......just joined the board and am so excited with this PSX emu for the GP2X. :D I've tried runnin Metal Gear Solid, but no luck, it stays stuck at the green screen, with or without running HLE. I used an uncompressed bin file to test it out, just to make sure there weren't any problems due to it being a compressed file. Hope it gets fixed in a future version....I wanna play MGS badly on the GP2X :D Anyways, awesome job zodttd!! ;)

OOOH! you should wait a while, sometimes games take from 20-30 seconds to load and until then you'll get a green screen... i'm sure at least the menus work..

thanks for testing this!

Yeah, I left it on for like a minute, and it still wouldn't load :( But, I'll try again and wait a little longer this time...... *stares at GP2X* BOOT DAMN YOU! :angry: <_<

Shane R. Monroe posted on Dec 8 2005 at 06:47 PM said:
Question:

I've been trying Muppet Monster Adventure . . .
Is there any way to shrink this think down WITHOUT the PocketISO?  What else could be causing the problem?  Would "General Incompatibility" cause this sort of behavior?

Thanks!

I would try This Link

You just need a program to rip all of the files off the disk, I personally use Smart Projects IsoBuster, it is free if you don't use it for udf ripping (a windows XP format, don't worry about it).

Then use these: Blank movie .str (rar compressed) Blank Audio .xa (rar compressed) to replace and rename any audio or video files. Then use the program they recommend Mode2 CD maker to make a .bin that is smaller with replaced movies. I use 7zip for all my compression, it is free and integrates perfectly with the right-click menu in windows, also will rar, gzip, 7z, zip, tar.

Edit: using this method I have a .bin of Tekken3, no movies, at 108MB Uncompressed I tested it in ePSXe and it is functional, it also works in the GPSX2 emulator. Even in-game is nearly perfect (the color problem should be fixed in the next release according to posts above).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuglooc posted on Dec 9 2005 at 10:42 AM said:
Empyre posted on Dec 9 2005 at 07:05 AM said:
/me wonders when warmfluffy will add GP2X to the compatibility guide at http://www.berzerk.co.uk/gp32/
You mean like this? http://www.berzerk.co.uk/gp2x/
Wow! I must have missed that memo!

So that just begs the question, why is all this neogeocd and psx stuff getting into the wiki when its not really the place for it and we have something specifically set up for the job?

Edit: Because theres nothing there yet, I cant add emulators so I cant add games to it.
/me twiddles thumbs

nubie posted on Dec 9 2005 at 12:18 AM said:
I would try This Link

You just need a program to rip all of the files off the disk, I personally use Smart Projects IsoBuster, it is free if you don't use it for udf ripping (a windows XP format, don't worry about it).

Then use these: Blank movie .str (rar compressed) Blank Audio .xa (rar compressed) to replace and rename any audio or video files. Then use the program they recommend Mode2 CD maker to make a .bin that is smaller with replaced movies. I use 7zip for all my compression, it is free and integrates perfectly with the right-click menu in windows, also will rar, gzip, 7z, zip, tar.

Edit: using this method I have a .bin of Tekken3, no movies, at 108MB Uncompressed I tested it in ePSXe and it is functional, it also works in the GPSX2 emulator. Even in-game is nearly perfect (the color problem should be fixed in the next release according to posts above).

Thank you so much for spelling it out. otherwise i would've had no idea how to test files.

nubie posted on Dec 8 2005 at 11:18 PM said:
I would try This Link

VERY COOL - I'll give this method a try - I really appreciate it!

matt goode posted on Dec 9 2005 at 05:56 PM said:
please...please grandia? i know this is the third time of asking, but.. i jus wanaa know how it runs.

Grandia and Xenogears =-) My two favorite PSX games

an anyone please tell me if any of the tekken, tomb raider or crash bandicoot games work or run in any state?

did you even bother to read teh first few pages after posting that?
are handycapt so that you cant read?
it have been sayd 21312123 times
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GP2PSX

oki fine, forgot about that, now wot about screenshots for the compatibility list so it gives people a wider idea of how far a game has progessed so far?

Back