Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
A SDL/SDL_mixer version of the Wolf3d.
Supports the original Wolf3d and Spear of Destiny

Get it here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,502

Thanks Pickle!

But, what do I do wrong? No Icon in game folder and when I select it in the explorer the
Caanoo tells me Invalid File...

CeNTauR2 said:
Thanks Pickle!

But, what do I do wrong? No Icon in game folder and when I select it in the explorer the
Caanoo tells me Invalid File...

I think it doesnt show up in the game menu cause i didnt come up with a icon bar graphic. (If someone comes up with something send it to me)

The gpe scripts should work though running manually...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Caanoo doesn't like it if the ini's filename does not match the directory's filename.
So since /wolf4sdl/ =/= wolf4sdl_sod.ini or wolf4sdl_wl6.ini, I don't think it likes it.

It still crashes and goes back to the menu.

I have created a _bar.png, get it her: http://rapidshare.com/files/418819788/Wolf4SDL_WL6_bar.png

When I start Wolfenstein, the screen goes black, then gets half white again and goes back to
the menu.

Where do I put the Wolfenstein files and what files exactly have to be there?

CeNTauR2 said:
It still crashes and goes back to the menu.

I have created a _bar.png, get it her: http://rapidshare.co...SDL_WL6_bar.png

When I start Wolfenstein, the screen goes black, then gets half white again and goes back to
the menu.

Where do I put the Wolfenstein files and what files exactly have to be there?

you just put the files in the wolf4sdl folder, make sure they are lower case.

has anyone gotten it to work?

I have renamed all files to lower case.

I have

vswap.wl6
vgahead.wl6
vgagraph.wl6
vgadict.wl6
maphead.wl6
gamemaps.wl6
audiot.wl6
audiohed.wl6
config.wl6

in the folder...

I just put a ini and iconset up on the archive for this please can someone test it as i have sent my caanoo back it kept going off when charging when it was moves or touch the lead hope to get a new one back soon please let me know if it works thanks.

I tried putting original data files (that I use on Wiz) and it doesn't work. On my Caanoo (FW 0.8.5), I get this error:

Code:
./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by ./Wolf4SDL_WL6)
 ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0)
 ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0)
 ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /lib/libstdc++.so.6)
 ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.1.3' not found (required by ./libgcc_s.so.1)
 ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2.4' not found (required by ./libgcc_s.so.1)
 ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.0' not found (required by ./libgcc_s.so.1)

jutley said:
I just put a ini and iconset up on the archive for this please can someone test it as i have sent my caanoo back it kept going off when charging when it was moves or touch the lead hope to get a new one back soon please let me know if it works thanks.

i downloaded those files and my game works now :) just using the regular full version of wofenstein 3D

thank you

paul3100

Mr 2X said:
I tried putting original data files (that I use on Wiz) and it doesn't work. On my Caanoo (FW 0.8.5), I get this error:

Code:
./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by ./Wolf4SDL_WL6)
  ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0)
  ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0)
  ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /lib/libstdc++.so.6)
  ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.1.3' not found (required by ./libgcc_s.so.1)
  ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2.4' not found (required by ./libgcc_s.so.1)
  ./Wolf4SDL_WL6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.0' not found (required by ./libgcc_s.so.1)

you didnt by mistake include the libs from the wiz release too did you? Delete any lib*'s from the cannoo. Also dont use the config.* from the wiz, use the caanoo ones i should have included in the zip.

Pickle said:
Mr 2X said:

Code:

you didnt by mistake include the libs from the wiz release too did you? Delete any lib*'s from the cannoo. Also dont use the config.* from the wiz, use the caanoo ones i should have included in the zip.

Solved, thanks :)

here is a simple snapshot of what you guys should have in the wolfsdl folder

Pickle said:
jutley said:

whats Spear of Destiny.wad? (that wont work anyways)
damm sorry what shoul the corect wad be?

jutley said:
Pickle said:
jutley said:

whats Spear of Destiny.wad? (that wont work anyways)
damm sorry what shoul the corect wad be?

thats it there shouldnt be a wad (doom uses wad's), there should be another set to files for sod. I can post a list later.

I finally got it working.
My Wolf3D files were of an older version (date 1992), with
files from 1994 it works great!

Thanks, Pickle!

Back