Won`t Start

Inibaz

Still Fresh
Ok so Ive had my GP2X for about 2 weeks now and from the start it always had a 50/50 chance of turning on. Half the time it went to the menu after turning it on and half the time it went to a screen with pink,yellow,green and a load of other coloured lines going down the screen and it stayed there. It didnt really pose a problem but now it just goes to that screen with the lines and never to the menu anymore. Is my GP2X wrecked for good or is there some way to fix it. Ive tried it with and without my SD card in with the same results and I havent installed the new firmware. I scanned the forums for a problem like this one but it seems this has only happened to me.

Anyways can anyone help me with it. Im desperate :(

Use new batteries. :rolleyes:

Besides, the ones from gph only last 20 minutes.

Yeah I already changed the batteries.It was the first thing I did.Seemed like the obvious thing to do but it didnt work.

If I do put the update on my SD will it run even if I can`t get to the menu or even the loading screen?

Vimacs posted on Dec 17 2005 at 04:48 PM said:
vote me for dictator and people like beanfarmer will be banned!

you should start you own board, 'the 1337 GP2X board' and ban every n00b from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inibaz posted on Dec 17 2005 at 11:45 AM said:
Yeah I already changed the batteries.It was the first thing I did.Seemed like the obvious thing to do but it didnt work.
Are you using high quality NiMH rechargeable and a good charger?
Inibaz posted on Dec 17 2005 at 11:45 AM said:
If I do put the update on my SD will it run even if I can`t get to the menu or even the loading screen?
Don't attempt a firmware update if it's not booting properly.

Inibaz posted on Dec 17 2005 at 10:11 AM said:
Ok so Ive had my GP2X for about 2 weeks now and from the start it always had a 50/50 chance of turning on. Half the time it went to the menu after turning it on and half the time it went to a screen with pink,yellow,green and a load of other coloured lines going down the screen and it stayed there.
Inibaz posted on Dec 17 2005 at 03:16 PM said:
Nope Im using Energizer batteries. They worked before it crashed.
Not trying to be difficult, but are they Energizer 2500 mAh rechargeables, or Energizer disposable? It's just that the symptoms sound like what happens when the batteries aren't good enough.

Their disposables but they used to work. I`ll get some rechargables and check if they work. Thanks

How did it go, do it work? I have the same problem. It hangs all the time for me now:(. I don't know why. you think it is the machine or some software??

Unskilled85 posted on Dec 21 2005 at 12:07 PM said:
How did it go, do it work? I have the same problem. It hangs all the time for me now:(. I don't know why. you think it is the machine or some software??
If you can't fix it, return it. It's not worth having a $200 brick laying around.

Still havent got any but Ill probably get some before Christmas at least and try em out

Back