Won' T Turn Off & Double Apps In Minimenu

likwidoxigen

Website
Visit site
I tell the damn thing to shut down and it turns right the F* back on.

Also in minimenu i have each application on my sd card listed twice. Nothing seems to fix that one. I'll have to play with it more though.

mali said:
Pull the charger before you shut down and it'll stay off ;)

*facedesk* Well that solves that half of the issue.

So I guess I can't charge it while it's truly off?
Becuase as soon as I plug it in it flips right back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yep, it's a "feature". For fast charging toggle the power switch once, it'll switch the device to low power mode.

edit:
Regarding Minimenu check this:
http://pandorawiki.org/Minimenu_Configuration_Documentation

mali said:
^ Yep, it's a "feature". For fast charging toggle the power switch once, it'll switch the device to low power mode.

Lol, well that's a pain in the butt "feature" but I guess I can kind of understand it. Thanks mali!

Bryce Leo said:
mali said:

Lol, well that's a pain in the butt "feature" but I guess I can kind of understand it. Thanks mali!

In the phone world there are no devices that are turned of when charging

Bryce Leo said:
Also in minimenu i have each application on my sd card listed twice. Nothing seems to fix that one. I'll have to play with it more though.

Do you have your apps in pandora/apps on your SD card, so that they show both on the desktop and in the menu? If so that unfortunately means they'll appear twice in minimenu. No fix for that at the moment AFAIK.

Bosbeetle said:
Bryce Leo said:
mali said:
In the phone world there are no devices that are turned of when charging
To further the explanation, lithium batteries need to be carefully regulated when charging. The chips that do so need to have some sort of smartness for control. The CPU provides this smartness, telling the chips how and when to charge the battery. In order to get that control, it needs to actually power the system on.
Most phones and other small electronics, when you plug them in, detect that they're only being plugged in to charge and boot to just a tiny little microkernel which does nothing but monitor the battery, and maybe display a charging animation. If you hit the power switch, it stops charging and starts the boot process in full, or if you pull the charging cable it simply shuts itself down.
The Pandora has the ability to do this as well (as far as I can tell) but they haven't built this microkernel that only does charging yet. It'll get there eventually, they just had more important things to worry about.

Pleng said:
Do you have your apps in pandora/apps on your SD card, so that they show both on the desktop and in the menu? If so that unfortunately means they'll appear twice in minimenu. No fix for that at the moment AFAIK.
Ok That makes sense.

WizardStan said:
To further the explanation, lithium batteries need to be carefully regulated when charging. The chips that do so need to have some sort of smartness for control. The CPU provides this smartness, telling the chips how and when to charge the battery. In order to get that control, it needs to actually power the system on.
Most phones and other small electronics, when you plug them in, detect that they're only being plugged in to charge and boot to just a tiny little microkernel which does nothing but monitor the battery, and maybe display a charging animation. If you hit the power switch, it stops charging and starts the boot process in full, or if you pull the charging cable it simply shuts itself down.
The Pandora has the ability to do this as well (as far as I can tell) but they haven't built this microkernel that only does charging yet. It'll get there eventually, they just had more important things to worry about.
That all makes sense to me. Thanks :)

Bryce Leo said:
I tell the damn thing to shut down and it turns right the F* back on.

He have the same problem here, just.....ehmmm started a topic about it in....... ehmmm the wiz section. DO'H. maybe i have to start use me glases

Back