Wonderboi .7 (adic Edtion)

How do you rate the newest version of WB32?

• 1 (Lowest)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 3 (Middle)

• 5 (Highest)

• Total voters

Rattboi

Certified Guru
Hey,

I'm trying to get some feedback as to what people think of the new wonderboi beta.

I'd like feature requests, bug reports, whatever I can get, ok?

Thanks for helping out.

Compared to the last one, it's way better. Although, i'm not sure about the screen streching. It looks a bit odd and i have a feeling it slows down the emulation. I don't know the orginal size of WonderSwon's screen, but i think it would look better in it's orginal shape. Except that, everything is very good!

Compared to the last one, it's way better. Although, i'm not sure about the screen streching. It looks a bit odd and i have a feeling it slows down the emulation. I don't know the orginal size of WonderSwon's screen, but i think it would look better in it's orginal shape. Except that, everything is very good!

Well, thanks for the your comment, but the speed is barely affected by the screen stretch, and in fact there are 2 different screen stretchs. One of them does only stretch horizontally, while the other is horizontal + vertical at scaling of 150%

Anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, thanks for the your comment, but the speed is barely affected by the screen stretch, and in fact there are 2 different screen stretchs. One of them does only stretch horizontally, while the other is horizontal + vertical at scaling of 150%

Anything else?

i prefer to do this early in the topic.i'd like to test wonderboy andhelp a bit,but can anyone suggest good games to try?or games that give problems?

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as all the little extra's and the new core everything seems to be running alot better (gfx error-wise) and all I can say would really be nice would be a faster CPU core and sound and that'd probably get it to the edge of perfection ;)

(filtered smooth stretching would be nice too but that's alot of demand...)

Yes, I'm aware the speed could be better...
I really don't have a quick fix for that, so it may be slow for a while longer. I'm gonna work on speeding up the rendering, but the CPU core is what's really slowing it down. I've actually read over Cyclone to see how an ASM core generator works, and I did learn a lot, but I don't think I'm ready to try taking my own stab at that yet.

As far as FEATURES or BUGS, does anyone have any comments?

BTW, my newest unreleased beta has animated savestates working. I think it's actually working pretty good too, so as soon as I add a few more features, I'll release another version.

The emulator has very good improvements, the compatibility is better and the GUI and "skins" are good B) The interface is really very proffesional. And also, as much people I think is very slow... but I will wait :D

I have a game which don't run me in the emu: GOLDEN AXE. It freezes in the SEGA logo.

Thanks very much.

i wonder wich pricks gave 1/2 ratings

i like wonderboi
doublet.gif
keep it up :)

Wonderboi fan here as well. Damn this version is so much prettier :D Compatability seems much higher; all the roms I tried this time around worked fine albeit slow (which your apparently very aware of lol). Haven't experienced any bugs as of yet (haven't played it much yet), but wanted to compliment you on some fantastic improvement, esp in the compatability department. Thanks Rattboi

also, i think the screen stretching looks great, esp on final fantasy :)

yepp! i realy like this wonderswan emu!

There is a problem with Final Fantasy II !
It freezes at the beginning. sometimes you can see the
square logo but that's all.

IT was possible to load it with the emu version before.... :(

And can't a make a 160mhz version?

It`s really nice.

The only two things I`m missing is:
-better speed
-sound

Then it would be an awesome emu!

@abc_keks:
My version of ff2 works fine with .7!
Maybe you have a bad rom? I`m tried the translated rom and it worked fine!
Oh, just noticed that my ff2 rom has a .ws file-ending instead of .wsc... don`t know if that has anything to do with it...

Back