Woot Has 2 Gb Kinston Microsd With Adaptor For $6 Each

DrLGR

www.woot.com

Seems like a pretty good deal to me, but I don't know anything.

LGR said:
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, but I don't know anything.
I don't know anything, either. But I bought 3! :) Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love woot, but that's not such a great deal. Good, not great. If you shop around, you can get a 2gb micro for 8 bucks free shipping. I had one and gave it away. It was from buy.com.

Also, supermediastore has a 4gb micro for 18 bucks free shipping. If you bought 2 from Woot that would be 17. Id rather have 1 4gb card than keep switching.

Not knocking this, but I want to present other options.

Does anyone know if the microSDHC cards work with the PSP (via a memory stick adapter)? I'd like something bigger than the 2GB cards I have right now.

Ravnos said:
Does anyone know if the microSDHC cards work with the PSP (via a memory stick adapter)? I'd like something bigger than the 2GB cards I have right now.
They do. But I've had mixed luck. My most reliable adapter is a generic from Semsons. BUT you can't format it to observe a microsdhc card in your PSP. You have to format a regular pro duo card in your PSP, and copy all of the files (including hidden system files) to your PC. You format the microsdhc on your PC, then copy all of the files I just mentioned onto it. After that, the PSP should see your card just fine. Everything's been stable and great for months.

You can buy adapters from dealextreme.com, I have 2, but they're more questionable. They are listed as SDHC compatible and can actually be formatted in the PSP. But I get the occasional crashes, or certain games can't be started due to a system error.

PolloLoco said:
Ravnos said:
They do. But I've had mixed luck. My most reliable adapter is a generic from Semsons. BUT you can't format it to observe a microsdhc card in your PSP. You have to format a regular pro duo card in your PSP, and copy all of the files (including hidden system files) to your PC. You format the microsdhc on your PC, then copy all of the files I just mentioned onto it. After that, the PSP should see your card just fine. Everything's been stable and great for months.

You can buy adapters from dealextreme.com, I have 2, but they're more questionable. They are listed as SDHC compatible and can actually be formatted in the PSP. But I get the occasional crashes, or certain games can't be started due to a system error.

How about using memory stick pro duo to SD? I've got a 1 gb stick and a 2 gb stick from my psp days, after I realized the psp was a piece of shit, and the pandora was what I really wanted for homebrew.

well, considering an pro duo card is larger than a SD card slot, im going to go with probably not.

Back