Woot - It's here...

Lingman

Still Fresh
Well, another day has passed, and no e-mail about my Pandora shipping. Headed home at lunch, only to find a Canada post delivery notice.

Headed to post office, to find that I now have my Pandora!

After a brief stint with no wifi (a reboot seems to have fixed that), it's now up and running.

I've now got it in low power mode, and charging. look forward to playing with it tonight once it's been fed properly.

FYI - for those tracking order times/dates/order numbers:

Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:19 AM

GXX977702060

Ship date 06/06/2011, arrived in Canada on 13/06/2011

Dan

Congrats and welcome to the the Pandora Owners Club!

So, what are you planning on playing first? :D

I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea to be posting order numbers in the wild, especially if you have other items (like the TV-out cable, for example) pending on that same number.

Anyway, congratulations on receiving your Pandora. I have no idea how you're managing to leave it alone until it's charged, though! I had to play with mine when it was charging, when it first arrived. :lol:

Also, I second Sugarfix's question above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea to be posting order numbers in the wild
It's OK, it was only me that saw it and I can't remember what it was now anyway! :blink:

Hang on, let me just check my cache... :p

EDIT: Actually, on a serious note, you could repost the block of 100 order numbers (ie xx00 to yy00) yours was in so people could use it for info about their outstanding order.

Congratulations! :D

I recommend Super Geography Dust, Battle of Wesnoth, MyPaint, PNDstore, VLC Media Player, and TrueCrypt to get started... And it was HARD to keep the list that short!

Have fun! :D

Congratulations on receiving your unit Dan.

New active members are always an enrichment for the community, hope to see you around.

I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea to be posting order numbers in the wild, especially if you have other items (like the TV-out cable, for example) pending on that same number.

Anyway, congratulations on receiving your Pandora. I have no idea how you're managing to leave it alone until it's charged, though! I had to play with mine when it was charging, when it first arrived. :lol:

Also, I second Sugarfix's question above.

Heh. I've not got anything else pending on that order number, so no fears there. As for how I'm holding off, meetings at work tend to do that for you, plus a side trip off to kids school performance, and since I'm supposed to leave it plugged in, decided not to take it with me to that.

Also needed to buy a memory card for the thing - Which I now have. Time to pick an emulator. Oh wait - supper time. Oh well, guess it gets to charge up a bit longer.

Dan.

Congratulations! :D

I recommend Super Geography Dust, Battle of Wesnoth, MyPaint, PNDstore, VLC Media Player, and TrueCrypt to get started... And it was HARD to keep the list that short!

Have fun! :D

Not a criticism, just a correction so he knows what he is looking for is the right thing, but it's "Super Geometry Dust" a game of which I am anxiously awaiting mt Panda to play. Funny enough, he mentioned he never received an email, it just arrived, I had a dream mine came unexpectedly (and while dreaming I said to myself, aw crap too bad this is a dream!), but I'm a few months later than his order. Then again, Jackie had mentioned in an email in which I commended her on dealing with her job, that with all the "premium" orders and cancellations and whatnot over time, the queue was pretty much impossible to keep straight (although it looks to me like they've actually done well with trying to keep them in order despite the occasional hiccup), so I remain hopeful that a surprise will soon arrive...

I decided not to start another `just got it´ thread and share my joy here:

It's here! I finally got to do the one thing I've been dreaming of for two years: sit on the oval with my Pandora.

pandora on oval.jpg

Still figuring everything out; I'm sure I'll have lots of questions soon. In the meantime: joy. Pure `little kid on Christmas Day´ joy.

(posted from my Pandora)

I envy you, my unit was shipped 31/05/2011 and still hasn't come.

I went to post office this morning, they told me "Shipped in may? You came too early. Come back in July".

I envy you, my unit was shipped 31/05/2011 and still hasn't come.

I went to post office this morning, they told me "Shipped in may? You came too early. Come back in July".
Two months :p

Sorry for that one. Welcome to the boards.

Back