Word Of Warning

@hogboy:well still you could have been nicer and more patient. Instead you've only been an ass. I can understand that you are worried about your property... but 5 workdays... come on!

@hogboy:well still you could have been nicer and more patient. Instead you've only been an ass. I can understand that you are worried about your property... but 5 workdays... come on!

Think what you may of the post, but it looks like it had the right result. As for calling me an ass , well that an opinion that your entitled to , as i am to my own which i shared with others.
Had i been aware that craig ran GBAX i would have pm'ed him and tried to sort this out without any fuss. But being a newbie like everyone here was at some point , i didnt know this untill some helpful person informed me.
As it is, 5 working days is a fair amount of time to wait , but with no reply from my last e-mail and no other way of contacting GBAX, then i voiced MY opinion here to see if i had better luck, which it looks like i am having.
Some of you might be happy to let £120's worth of hardware go missing, myself , im not,which is why i have tried to trace it .
As regards to people like myself giving gph and the gp2x a bad name, thats a silly coment to make, as it is people like me that will be buying this handheld and will want help with it, and people that call us silly names will only shy them away. Thanks to those that have given me possitive feedback on this and to the people that think its clever to slate newbies, thanks for being so understandingof some one ONLY trying to gain information, i hope i can be as helpfull as you someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
the thing is, if you only wanted help, you could have just ask a little nicer. Nobody as far as I remember while reading this thread, has said that you give gph or the gp2x a bad name... I think you are giving gbax a bad name. Now that it's been sorted out, all is fine but you could have given a little more thought to it before posting something like "a word of warning bla" because it might eventually damage somebody's business. Also nobody blames you for not having known that craigix works at gbax. The only problem I have with people and posts like this is, that a little more patience and friendlyness would have made not only a nicer impression but also probably quicker responses to your questions. And no I am not entitled to call you an ass. It is and stays an insult. It can be considered silly namecalling but also your post can be called silly panicing and thrashing of a company that is actually reliable and honorable...

@Dzz: :D :D

Not trying to defend him because I had nothing but great service from GBAX but he did say he had tried the NIMH batteries for sale on the GBAX website.

I've re-read this thread a few times now looking, and I've yet to see that he used NiMH batteries or that he bought them from GBAX. I don't know where you read that one...

Aapje :

[/quote]
I had the exact same problem (got my gp2x from liksang) and I tried with brand new ansmann 2500 mah photo and the problem remained... so I sent it back too :(.
[/quote]

Hmm was this a MK2 or one of the older revision? I hope this is not a recuring problem 8-(, it will be a pain to resent units especially if it was ordered oversea.

Heck, according to that date, if you get it back any time soon you'll have it back well over a year in advance! I would say that customer service goes well above and beyond the norm!

Bottom line, be nice. Nobody is here to rip you off, and I'm sure that your problem will be tended to shortly.

hogboy: in case you didn't know, craigix runs gbax, that's why he was asking for your name (I thought this was obvious, but maybe not . . .)
Thanks for that, i wasn't aware of that and am glad some one finally let me know. I will pm craig and try to get things sorted out.
Looks like posting on here finally got somewhere thanks to 1 smart chicken.

You just did?

Should I start posting with the font size up considerably? :p

Edit: That came off pretty nasty, send in the colon P's!

Well, while I know eMails can get lost todays because of nasty spam filters (had that problem myself a few times) - why didn't you just phone GBAX?
Did that a few times, always got an immediate reply.

I did try ringing them several time, but with no answer.
I must say that since contact was made with craig i have had great comms with the company and can only assume that due to the high volume of sales of the 2x, in light of high media coverage, that they have been run off there feet.
I must also say that i belive this is a isolated issue as many people have told me that the service they have had from GBAX is fantastic. I apoligise to anyone i have upset with this posting, but belive that these forums are here to help everyone with problems they are having and in hind sight maybe my 1st post was a little hastey.
My opinions are in no way a overall reflection of GBAX, but just MY opinons.
Again thanks for the help and advise i have had .

I had to wait about 3 months to get a way to return my GP2X to GP32z and get one back. It was a brickable first edition unit.

So there I win for all time worst experiance!

Back