Votes: 21 13.4%
  • No, I don't care about the looks.

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Maybe, If it doesn't take to long.

Votes: 46 29.3%

• Total voters

DroneB Dev said:
Sphinxter said:
What no rather not take a chance on lead poisoning option?
can you stop with that stupid joke?

or are you really suffering retardness caused by actual lead poisoning? or is your brain missing air caused by asbestos induced cancer?

back on topic.

wheres the

No. i wanted a good looking mould finishing.
i would go for that one

EDIT:
OK forget about that option lets add
NO. i would rather want Silkscreen added since it is taking so long

If your painted pandora ever arrives, suck on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe you did so with some lead present products for sure now.(no one else would suggest doing that knowing for sure it has toxics)

also i believe even if i had such a big mouth to do what you suggested it would be safer than to buy old RCA household TV

I think the paint job is a waste of time that will only make it look worse after use. If they had to put anything on it could have just been the silk screening (which is arguably more useful).

I just don't want the paint job to add any significant delays. It looks great, but I would just as soon take an unpainted one if it meant saving a week or two(or more).

Picked maybe.

Ollonk said:
After seeing the paint, I'd say it's definitely worth the extra 3 days, unless the plastic looks just as good.
Here's a comparison:
Unpainted
dsc07225.jpg

Painted
color11.jpg

that comparison made me want it unpainted, instead i want silkscreen on that shinny case.

Tough to say actually...

The painted ones were photographed under softer lighting conditions.

I'd be happy with either, though. They both look great.

I prefer the painted... it seems to be mostly devoid of blemishes. I know I'm not usually one to care about appearance, but if it's only going to be 3 days, it's no big deal. Also, yeah, the innards and everything should be able to fit in to the painted cases.

paulguy said:
I prefer the painted... it seems to be mostly devoid of blemishes. I know I'm not usually one to care about appearance, but if it's only going to be 3 days, it's no big deal. Also, yeah, the innards and everything should be able to fit in to the painted cases.
It's a minimum of three days. Nothing in the history of this project has been completed in the best-case timeframe.

I know this sounds stupid but what if that stuff flakes off, could it interfere with the controls if debris gets inside?

EDIT: And what is that crack in the right speaker grill?

I would really like to think this company wants whats best for us but to be honest I think this is just another way to delay production a little more which will turn out to be a few weeks. Over the past few months it really feels like they would rather give priority to everything else besides us and this is just another way of doing so. I thank the team for not going through will the silk screening. In my opinion this company just wants to keep us distracted from the fact that they haven't done much over these past weeks when so much should have been completed. Why all of a sudden is this company talking about painting the Pandora? There was plenty of time to discuss that. It sounds like a last minute attempt to buy time.

It's weird, seems this stuff was made up to act as an excuse for a little more delay. I thought it was obvious we would recieve a well finished product, as OPT must do it right the first time so they have the chance to continue development if they WANT to. I've not waited long, only four months, but all this just feels too weird.

-reenactment-

*phone rings*
OP- "if this is another asshole from the forum...... Hellollo??"
Chineese salesman- "check.. this.. mother.. f**kin.. shit.. out.. dawg"
Chineese guy in background- "BAAM!"
OP- "who is this?"
Chineese salesman- "PAINT! OH! there, I said it!"
Chineese guy in background- "OH SNAP!"
OP- "hey, wow, that's um... that's pretty nice"
Chineese salesman- "the best part? 3 days"
OP- "3 days to paint 1,000 cases, no way"
Chineese salesman- "SAY WORD SON!!"
OP- "um... word?"
Chineese salesman- "ARF ARF!!"
OP- "is susposed to be a dog?"
Chineese salesman- "Aight... so check it, that be like 10g's"
OP- "did you say 10g's!?!?"
Chineese salesman- "Shiiiiiit.. I said 3 days mother fucker!"
OP- "alright, alright.. as long as it's only 3 days.. no more delays"
Chineese salesman- "Straight up, aight, peace out bitches"
*click*
OP- "wait so... god damn it"

-Back in china-
Chineese salesman- "hahaha stupid engrish bought it!"
Chineese guy in background- "hahaha you so funny acting rike you ras rittle doggy!"
Chineese salesman- "rets get back to praying xbox rive!"

the 2nd and 4th choice is the same.
if you answer "no" because of the time to wait, you also necessarily want to answer "maybe if it doesn't take too long"

Back