Writing a Pandora/Pyra article for Pixel Addict magazine- I have some questions.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Hi, I am writing a pandora/pyra history article for Pixel addict magazine. I have used the forum search function and found much useful info so far.
https://www.pixel.addict.media/

However any other useful links are helpful or odd facts.

Am I correct in assuming that original Pandora pre-orders began in 2008 as per this thread https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/how-to-order.41876/
Or was there an initial small pre-order list before this? Can anyone point me to the original pandora thread where users gave their ideas and the whole thing began before pre-orders started??
Some user links are dead now due to being redirected when gp32x.com was merged here etc.

Also was it originally named the pandora or was there an earlier name or prototype name? I did join the gp32x boards after the initial pandora pre-orders.

When the articles are ready for print I will post here again to let the community know- the magazine should soon be available at retail in the USA, Uk, Ireland and Australia as of April 7th.
These articles will likely appear in the next few issues.

That seems to be about the right time. I think most early preorderers got their units in 2010. I think I got mine in 2012, but I was part of the second tranche.

I don't remember another name, after it was called the next thing after the GP2X, but that was a long time ago, and I don't even remember the name being chosen any more.

I think the posts from gp32x are there, but you might have to get the title out of the url then put that through the search system. Automatic linking seems to have broken at some point since the port.

Actually, we had an earlier, internal name... I can remember that we were discussing internally how to name it and we had multiple suggestions.
I'm sure I have them in some emails... but it would be hard to find.
And no, there was no preorder before 2008. We started the preorder September and Craig wanted to deliver in December... ahem ;)

Part 1 of the Pandora History article will be in issue 4 of Pixel Addict magazine, part 2 likely in issue 5 followed by an interview with Michael/evildragon in issue 6.
https://www.pixel.addict.media/ Available in print at Easons in Ireland, Wh Smiths in the Uk and Australia, and in the USA. digital downloads also available.

I will write another article on the Pyra after that.

Does the video of craig on the roof with the ushanka on his noggin still exist? That was entertaining.
I'm stil unhappy about the community bugging him about his car. That was pretty low.
I guess I forgot most of the drama though. Maybe time to revisit the LOL! files, do some research into dignity protection.

As far as I can see, his craigix account contains all of his serious pandora videos and icp ones, and all videos with craig rothwell either in the title or the account seem to be a younger guy. If anyone can remember what account those old jokey videos were hosted on, we might find it. Personally I enjoyed the jaffa cake one where he got drunker and drunker by the end.

However, this is entirely OT from the topic of this thread as far as I can see.

But it IS part of the history.
Same as the nubs video, hey does someone still have that? The account got set private after you know...

When
Part 1 of the Pandora History article will be in issue 4 of Pixel Addict magazine, part 2 likely in issue 5 followed by an interview with Michael/evildragon in issue 6.
https://www.pixel.addict.media/ Available in print at Easons in Ireland, Wh Smiths in the Uk and Australia, and in the USA. digital downloads also available.

I will write another article on the Pyra after that.
When is Issue 4 out?

As far as I've been following issue 3 isn't out yet and issue 2 is still in the shops. The magazines so far feel monthly or something like that so that makes it about 2 months (TM)

Back