Pandora Writing to $HOME (the real one) from a pnd

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said, just replace the gethomedir stuff with ./ or something and you don't need a symlink :)
On the other hand a symlink is nearly nothing.Have a deeper look at pnd_run.sh, you'll understand that his symlink is just nothing... and this discution is a storm in a tea cup

As I said, I think this discussion is more reactions to our earlier arguments than to this actual case :)

Have a deeper look at pnd_run.sh, you'll understand that his symlink is just nothing...
Seeing how this stuff is handled always kept me wondering: Is there a special reason why there is no tmpfs or something alike involved? That's one of the first changes I did to my system.

Fixing this is not beyond me. After 5 minutes searching, line 4608 of gnubg.c is the only thing that needs to be modified; it sets a globally referenced variable for the home directory (as it happens, via g_get_home_dir()) and I will attend to that this weekend. Right now, I'm on a break and am working back to back shifts so I will have no time in the interim. I will however disable the pnd until an updated version is uploaded (no sense in two repo updates).

My main concern in this little bit of fun has been the reaction of certain members. Things like this need to be documented. Good as the OP is, it does not facilitate telepathy. Please someone, put these sorts of things in the documentation?

In the interests of stopping the stone throwing, can I please request a mod' close this thread to new posts? There is only one way this conversation will go, and it probably won't be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back