Wrongful Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Angelx

Rico and mods, i'm just voicing my opinion on my banning, i'm sorry i didn't see those posts, but if you banned everyone for posting something that has been posted before then you'd ban most of the community. I just don't think it was fair and i want to voice that. And since i believe i'm right you can post something real quick and close this topic as well before anyone else can say anything in regards to these topics.

Yeah it is a wrongful Ban. THey should have just deleted the post/closed it and given you a warning.
And considering you didn't think there was anything wrong with it, I don't see why you would have checked for other posts (who does that anyway)...

Maybe if it is so important for the GP32 community not to have duplicate threads they should script somehting into the forum that searches for posts related to your topic or stops you from posting topics containing to many references to "free Ipods" and "warez". But then again maybe it isn't that important at all.

I also think it was a bit heavy handed to close your last post, as all it really said was that your post had been posted before numerous times and gave no reason for a straight-out banning.

;)

1. Next time you post a thread like this, do it in Suggestions.
2. Hando banned you, not me, so I have no official explanation. I was justifying it by presenting the number of identical threads. Your thread is redundant and annoying. We have had many of them recently. So you got banned. It's a forum, get over it.

EDIT: Hanz, not sure if you'll read this, but my comment on making a new account isn't harsh because he was never banned permanently (I assumed it wasn't a permban; hando just confirmed it)

1. Next time you post a thread like this, do it in Suggestions.
2. Hando banned you, not me, so I have no official explanation. I was justifying it by presenting the number of identical threads. Your thread is redundant and annoying. We have had many of them recently. So you got banned. It's a forum, get over it.
I just knew you were gonna give him shtick for posting this here (as I almost did).
However... In your last post you said:
P.S.The mods don't take kindly to people evading bans with new accounts.
:rolleyes:
So you are basically saying that he should not rejoin with a new account, despite getting a permenant ban for one wrong post (- which he did not realise was not allowed - and does not say so in the terms and conditions).
Do you not think that is a little harsh? ;) .
Considering this is the biggest English speaking GP32 site it is a little ridiculous to just expect him to stop going here permenantly.

Edit: Goity would also like an anti-banning cape... (No really he just PMed me). :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This ISN'T the KGB?
What am I doing wearing this long fur coat and cossack hat then? :blink: Must've been one wild party last night...

Joking aside, there are worse things you can post than pyramid schemes. But I don't see the point in unbanning his account. Just let him be with his new account.

i would like my account unbanned please just because I had an ok post count that at least didn't make me look like a noob and I don't want to go all Finty and start posting non coherent things to get my blue things under my avatar back. :)

I dunno but he PMed me this message:
yay go you! btw. I just got banned twice, even though I didn't do anything, put in a word for me

And DaveQ said:
The fact that you care about your post count doesn't do your cause any good.

Yeah I started off again and I use to have approximately 500 posts.
Which brings me onto this:
[GODLIKEIDEA]
I think we should have a rating system where members can rate other Members on a 1-5 star Scale (the rating would come out allowing 0.5 marks), instead of post counts.
Members should be rated on Helpfulness, Friendliness, how-much they have given to the community, wit, humour etc... Not by how many posts they have made.

People with high ratings already should have a greater effect when they rate somebody else, in order to prevent n00bs marking down Mods when they don't like what has been said about them, or general revenge ratings.

Instead of your Postcount under your name it should have your rating (and a clickable panel where you can rate them - this would have to be very small). Maybe with badges in order that people would be rewarded for being nice.

You would also have to make it so one member can only vote once for somebody per couple of days.
[/GODLIKEIDEA]

Wow. :blink: I don't normally think of stuff like that (on the spot) - Apart from time to implement this can anyone see any problems with this.
I think getting rid of post counts would be very good for this board, as would stop poeple spamming until they look like old-timers ie. Goity.

Now I am off to the suggestions part of the board (I think I need a higher post count before posting this though - as nobody is gonna listen to a 70 poster, maybe with 7000 posts I would have the POWER :eek: )...

i would like my account unbanned please just because I had an ok post count that at least didn't make me look like a noob and I don't want to go all Finty and start posting non coherent things to get my blue things under my avatar back. :)
omg nobody cares about post count!

[/quote]
omg nobody cares about post count!
[/quote]

Easy for someone with over 2,000 posts to say.

Besides, if no-one gives a shit about post counts, why implement a post count feature on the site? It encourages elitism which ruins web comunities(sp).

Though I do like the "GP32 GURU" avatars, makes it easy to know who to PM if you're afraid of posting something thats been posted already.

Just my two cents.

Though I do like the "GP32 GURU" avatars, makes it easy to know who to PM if you're afraid of posting something thats been posted already.

Just my two cents.

You don't become a guru because you post so much - you become a Guru if you really helped out the community (coded, help people a lot, etc.)
We have Gurus with less than 50 posts...

Last edited:
I was a guru once. HAHA. Also this is a good site with a few weirdos who sometimes go too far.

And also who gives a shit about post count; we used to post alot cause we liked comming here and chatting.

probably the reason you got banned is because the wording you used was so positive about the free ipods that it looked like you had just come here to advertise, like so many scumbags do on forums. these folks deserve more than just banning as they are lowest of the low

i don't no why the posts were put under your name again?
i think it was beter when it wasn't like that

The mods took it off when we had the old version of the forum software, once it got upgraded, so did the post count.. I guess it is no longer an option or easy fix to get rid of.

maybe a certified helpful or sumtin, or maybe more guru's if your gonna claim that they get them for being helpful ( cause thats a blatent lie )
there are a good dozen or more GP32x users ( self included ) that are very helpful that dont get anything
we just sit in the shadows and help people....
a few ( I just think 3 of the ones I am thinking of ) have actually yelled at other people or prevented yelling in noob threads, and dealt with it like adults in the real world
some of our Gurus ( I wont say names, I will leave it for people to research and decide on their own ) cant say the half of that

~Octavious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back