WTB: Caanoo (or Wiz)

Squiike

Still Fresh
Hi!

I bought a Gp32 years ago from liksang and has enjoyed it alot!

I dont know why i waited so long to come out of the closet and say i want a Caanoo. I should have bought it years ago! =(

But now i got to have it =)

Is there anyone who has a new Caanoo or Wiz to sell?

Ive looked around on the net but it is hard to find.

Do you think this jumiss seller reliable?

http://viewitem.eim....0806738356/item

I live in Norway

thanks for help

/Andreas Furuseth

I thought that ED was selling Caanoo's in his store?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like they are sold out.  Looks like Caanoo's can still be had for ~ $150 on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

I bought a Gp32 years ago from liksang and has enjoyed it alot!

I dont know why i waited so long to come out of the closet and say i want a Caanoo. I should have bought it years ago! =(

But now i got to have it =)

Is there anyone who has a new Caanoo or Wiz to sell?

Ive looked around on the net but it is hard to find.

Do you think this jumiss seller reliable?

http://viewitem.eim....0806738356/item

I live in Norway

thanks for help

/Andreas Furuseth
I bought from jumiss on ebay and he was very reliable. I bought a caanoo from him.

Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks for the reply's :)

I'll pay from 150 - 220$ depending on used/new

So if Jumiss is honest and i can get a new one from him for 150$ that sounds like a really good deal.

I was just afraid it was too good to be true.

/Andreas

Dont waste your time m8 terrible console get yourself the archos gamepad have mine now and very happy full android marketplace brill emus the best of both worlds

It isn't a terrible console at all.  The TV out and the USB port make it a great multi-player on the go system.  And the emulators are all free.  Even runs PSX games great with PSX ReArmed.

It isn't a terrible console at all.  The TV out and the USB port make it a great multi-player on the go system.  And the emulators are all free.  Even runs PSX games great with PSX ReArmed.
Ok lets see video playback is dire and alot of file types dont decode very well, tv out cable is separate and hard to get, push down on the side of the screen and anomalies appear on the screen, emulation is bearable some good some not so good music playback is ok not brilliant no inbuilt nand clockspeed and performance is way below expectations today also no true dpad just an analog nub, i owned one for 6 months and could'nt get rid of it quick enough,Android is the way forward, people who say otherwise are just kidding themselves on.

Well, I agree that Android is the way forward, but I got a lot of out of my Caanoo during the time I had it.  I never used it for video playback.  You are correct that the hardware is a bit dated these days...  GCW Zero or an Android device are probably the best bets moving forward.

I say if YOU want a Caanoo or Wiz , Get one , I Still love my Wiz and use it alot, The Oled Screen is what makes it so unique , I love to play the games just to see stuff on it :)

Good luck !

I have both for sale, in mint condition.  Make me an offer on either of them by PM.

I ordered from Jumiss, and i got it today!

It took only 13 days to get it from Korea to Norway!

But is psx emulation better on the Wiz?

Cause the psz4all emu that followed said Wiz on the startup screen =O

Ive seen 2 year old posts about this, and from what i understand the psx emulator was originally made for the wiz. So i guess it utilizes more of the wiz, than the caanoo since they are different?

Is there a big difference?

Also where can i find the most updated psx emu for Caanoo?

Thanks!

You will find the best PSX emulator here http://notaz.gp2x.de/pcsx_rearmed.php

Currently is version R18 and is available for Caanoo, Wiz and Pandora.

Anyway Wiz and Caanoo are very similar console...change only the Dpad (absent on Caanoo replaced by the analog controller) and RAM (Caanoo 128MB vs Wiz 64MB ) and the screen an Oled (much smaller) on the wiz (dind't remember the size..maybe 2.8'') and 3.5'' tft for Caanoo, they both have touchscreen.

The rest is the same...

The firmware is compiled differently so we cant execute the same binary on both console.

Thank you! great reply :)

I have downloaded it now, and transfered it to my sd card and it works!

When FF7 booted up i almost got tears in my eyes :unsure:

I would like it to go to the "Game" folder, but it only finds it in "Explorer"

What clock is it safe to take the caanoo up to? 700?

Just when i load games i get this scurry nois and some colours.....is that ok?

Thank you again, so much

Overclock ? don't know i've never overclocked mine...but i'm a interested mostly in develop for the caanoo...to play i use Pandora :)

Anyway i suggest you to join the other forum dedicated at Caanoo et other GPH devices ( plus many open source like dingoo GCW and android)

http://www.gp32x.de/ and ask all your possible questions there.

Back