Beta Xbmc Media Center

Yeah... if you're at the main menu of xbmc and you press the x button on the pandora xbmc quits (I've been using it as a handy way to actually quit xbmc though)

To activate menu items you use the enter key on the keyboard... but I've never had it crash from that before...

I have found a bug...
If you use a window manager other than xfce4 (or whatever you call it) xbmc will not start all the way

The way I know this

I change mmenu to be the default window manager in minimenu
I have the problem there...

I have managed to start xbmc as a different gui. I have the start xfce4 with it otherwise it will not work...

This probably isn't a major bug warranting some attention ATM but I thought I would let everyone know...

One work around... if you're using matchbox when xbmc starts and then stops at the logo you can press the pandora button once and xbmc will start all the way... don't know why but it works.

Edit:

Scratch that... I just managed to launch xbmc as a gui with a windows manager and I get the same problem (with the same solution) but this time I'm not using matchbox...
So it seems to be a problem launching xbmc in anything but desktop mode of the pandora

Hi there,

I uploaded a new xbmc.pnd.
It is packing XBMC 10.0 (the lastest release).
As many things have changed since my last build, expect breakage (python is one of the things I had to hack the most). I didnt tested it either.

sebt3 said:
Hi there,

I uploaded a new xbmc.pnd.
It is packing XBMC 10.0 (the lastest release).
As many things have changed since my last build, expect breakage (python is one of the things I had to hack the most). I didnt tested it either.
Cheers ill blast it tonight, any speed improvements in 10

Last edited by a moderator:
The newest build is missing texture/fonts for the left column, like Video Music Photoes Weather.

It is still usable, and looks rather nice, you just have to guess which button you are clicking on :)

Thanks, looks like a slick port.

mth411 said:
The newest build is missing texture/fonts for the left column, like Video Music Photoes Weather.
meandu229 said:
Same problems as mentioned above but seems quicker than the last one
thanks for the feedback guys.
This is known issue, it does look like the transparancy bug we have in the current gles drivers. Pickle would have worked around this in a minut but...
If you can guess where are the settings :D, you can then find an option to put the menu on the bottom where the menu entrie will be readaable.

Once this thing gets more stable I really gotta order a tv out cable for mine.

Looks like it is broken on HotFix5 (with the new SGX core). I have removed the pandora/appdata/xbmc and reflashed my pandora with hotfix 5 (beta 2 and 4). XBMC asks for cpuspeed, then never launches. Running from the command line doesn't reveal much.

mth411 said:
Looks like it is broken on HotFix5 (with the new SGX core). I have removed the pandora/appdata/xbmc and reflashed my pandora with hotfix 5 (beta 2 and 4). XBMC asks for cpuspeed, then never launches. Running from the command line doesn't reveal much.

For what I know, it's a missing lib (I'm not on HF5, but I got a repport on IRC).
Check /tmp/pndrun_xbmc.log

yeah, ran from command line, looks like libCP850.so (samba library) is a different version and missing a required function.

It just didn't open for me when I tried to run it (in HF4). First the system got really slow like it was loading, then it just didn't load. I've only tried to open it once, so far.

Could anyone test stream a DVD ISO over a SMB share for me using the Pandora build of XBMC? I jailbroke my iPhone to put XBMC on it butunfortunately its won't work with ISOs yet over a network connection which is what I ripped all DVD library to. I have a Pandora on order but if it does stream ISOs then I may up it to a premium as I'm at the back of the queue (order Oct 2009). Thanks

I am trying it on hotfix 5. It has a problem with /usr/lib/charset/CP850.so "undefined symbol: smb_register_charset". Sounds like xmbc was compiled against a different version of this lib than what I have.

keek said:
I am trying it on hotfix 5. It has a problem with /usr/lib/charset/CP850.so "undefined symbol: smb_register_charset". Sounds like xmbc was compiled against a different version of this lib than what I have.
I've just uploaded a new version that should be compatible with HF5 (at least it does here).
This build is based on a newer git rev (yesterday) which have recieved a few arm optimizations (from the port to I* devices) and the transparancy issue is gone.

Usual spot? (http://sebt3.openpandora.org/pnd/xbmc.pnd)

Also, do you have a donate link? I'd like to start populating this page properly: http://pandorawiki.org/Donations

New version looks perfect, but videos (the usual xvid with MP3 sound, that I converted for the GP2X years ago, that also work fine in the built in Pandora player) do not work. Audio only, no video. Also the mouse pointer sometimes loses sync with the touchscreen, can be 2-3cm off where you actually press on the screen, shut down XBMC and is fine on the desktop, restart XBMC and its fine again.

DynaMight said:
Audio only, no video. Also the mouse pointer sometimes loses sync with the touchscreen, can be 2-3cm off where you actually press on the screen
I can confirm that. Audio only.

But I have good news: The youtube-plugin (and others, Grooveshark, Tagesschau, Gametrailers for example) work, ok, the videoplugins are audio only until this bug is fixed. Yay! A reason to ditch that buggy Minitube.
The graphical interface feels more responsive now. Could be better with other skins. Are there any nice looking and fully functional but minimalistic skins?

Whynodd said:
DynaMight said:
Audio only, no video. Also the mouse pointer sometimes loses sync with the touchscreen, can be 2-3cm off where you actually press on the screen
I can confirm that. Audio only.

But I have good news: The youtube-plugin (and others, Grooveshark, Tagesschau, Gametrailers for example) work, ok, the videoplugins are audio only until this bug is fixed. Yay! A reason to ditch that buggy Minitube.
The graphical interface feels more responsive now. Could be better with other skins. Are there any nice looking and fully functional but minimalistic skins?

You could try a few skins from here: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/ They've been cutdown for the original Xbox since it started to struggle with its 64MB ram.