Xbox 360 Live Arcade Qs

antaresuk

I have some questions about Live Arcade/Xbox:

1. Do you have to get gold membership in order to get full access to Live Arcade? Form what I have read, Gold memberships seems to be for multi user online gaming, which I am not interested in
2. What is the average size of games once installed? I am thinking about 300mb?
3. I am thinking of getting a Premium once the Elite versions come out in the UK this Nov. As I will primarily be using the xbox for live arcade is there any good reasons for paying the extra for the Elite?
4. Do people also buy the wireless bridge and does it perform ok?
5. What is jetpac refuelled like? Retro Gamer thinks its currently one of the best games on the arcade

Thx

antaresuk said:
I have some questions about Live Arcade/Xbox:

1. Do you have to get gold membership in order to get full access to Live Arcade? Form what I have read, Gold memberships seems to be for multi user online gaming, which I am not interested in
2. What is the average size of games once installed? I am thinking about 300mb?
3. I am thinking of getting a Premium once the Elite versions come out in the UK this Nov. As I will primarily be using the xbox for live arcade is there any good reasons for paying the extra for the Elite?
4. Do people also buy the wireless bridge and does it perform ok?
5. What is jetpac refuelled like? Retro Gamer thinks its currently one of the best games on the arcade

Thx
1. Gold is for online multiplayer, and I believe that sometimes the arcade occasionally has an exclusive to members for a short time. You should be able to download all the arcade stuff eventually on silver. However for the price of a gold membership, I'd really recommend it. If only for Sensible world of soccer online multiplayer at the end of the month.

2. The average size of games is actuallly pretty small. there was actually a limit until Castlevania. most are around 60 - 80Mb

3. I have no idea. It's supposedly more reliable but until it's been out for a bit it'll be unproven. the biggest annoyance for me on Xbox is how noisy it is a machine, and apparantly the elite isn't much of an improvement. The selling point is the 80gb Hard drive, but there is no reason to fill 20gb, especially if you're a european customer, as movies aren't available here. still I'd not bother, see point 4.

4. I know people with the wireless bridge, and it works, but it's not cheap. Personally I link my xbox to my laptop, and use that as a bridge to the internet. It's incredibly easy to set it up as a network, also it allows the xbox to access all the music and films on my laptop (that are in the correct format). Thus making the increase in Hard drive in the elite meaningless for me.

5. It truly is completely awesome. Jetpac has always been a favourite of mine, so the original gets played, but refuelled is actually better, something I'd have thought impossible. highlight being the ability to power up your gun to include directional shooting. Lowlight being in online 2 player both spacemen look very similar and it can sometimes be confusing.

oh and the elite has a hdmi out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back