Xfce Desktop Black?

Bampt

Website
nextadventures.webs.com
I recently turned off my Pandora (a hard task :D )
when I turned it back on, the desktop was pitch black, no wallpaper nor icons where visible (taskbar is still visible and working).
When switching to minimenue everyhing works fine.
After resetting the device, the problem still occurs.
Do I have to reflash the unit or is there another kind of work around?

I don't know about the icons, but I know that the desktop background image can be lost if said image is stored on an SD Card and some issue with reading that card arises. (Come to think of it, if there was an issue with reading the card, the icons would probably disappear as well, wouldn't they?)

If you keep your backgrounds on the NAND, then I'm afraid that I don't know why that would be...

When this occurs, do all of your entries in the Pandora-menu remain visible and fully-working also?

all aplications from my SD card that should be in the start menue are visible in the start menue.
in minimenue all aplications from my sd card are visible.
Seems like xfce just skipps desktop initialisation for some reason.
(It happens everytime I start xfce since the error appeared the first time)

Wow, that's strange. :blink: I'm afraid I'll have to defer to someone more knowledgeable than myself, here, as I haven't come across this behaviour myself. Sorry about that.

That's certainly a new issue your reporting. What happens if you hold the R trigger and press R on the keyboard? This should refresh the desktop and its icons.

I've just reflashed my old NAND setup as my desktop went really odd, with 2 panels overlaying each other and the desktop claiming I had 4 SD cards installed (2 which haven't had those names for ages) and a ton of application icons for PND's that aren't in pandora/desktop folders anymore, even if I booted up with no physical SD cards in the unit :blink:

Well I guess I have to do a reflash then,
nonetheless thanks for looking into the problem Prometheus

Edit:
I tried the r shoulder button and r key it had no effect.
When I log out and then relogin into Xfce the loginscreen is still visible where the
desktop should have been.
Doing reflash now

Back