Xigon-x Updated Beta V0.8

emumanx

Still Fresh
Website
home.rochester.rr.com
New Updates and changes
- Added Exit game (select+Start)
- New wave3 enemies (slow moving with lots of bullets)
- New sound effects added
- Bug fix's (small ones)
- Updated ship lazer (smaller and green)
- Updated wave1 enemy bullets (brighter and larger to see easier)
- Added highscore
[cut]
to do list:
- Save Highscore to file so you can keep it.
- more waves
- Boss level
- maybe choose what your ship looks like from a list (like Rtype)

new update was added at 7:30pm 1st sept. V0.8

CYA EMUMAN

DOWNLOAD XIGON-X V0.8[/cut]

come on man, 5 articles on the front page about that article, do you have to release something every day or what? I mean I don't wanna sound like i'm trolling or nothing but if I were you I wouldn't release that often.

i have no control over the time it take them to update the file link after i upload it. .. and yes i will keep the updates to the same topic from now on unless it is a major change.

Hmm... ;)

emumanx posted on Sep 3 2006 at 02:19 AM said:
ok .. I see the that my efforts and the fact I code at high speeds (sometimes) are pissing some people off. thats kool. ya wont here from me again. CYA

they are just saying that you dont need to make a topic for each *small* release.

Last edited by a moderator:
emumanx posted on Sep 3 2006 at 04:19 AM said:
ok .. I see the that my efforts and the fact I code at high speeds (sometimes) are pissing some people off. thats kool. ya wont here from me again. CYA

Its great that you can code at high speeds (i just wish that i could code at all), but try not to make an update everyday, save them up for a larger update a little less frequently.
I personally like the game your making and my 5 year old son does too (he uses the GP2X more than me anyway) so please dont stop making updates. We appricate your work.

Plus a larger update makes for a more impressive update, the more changes/fixes/updates in the changelog the better ;).

emumanx posted on Sep 2 2006 at 10:19 PM said:
It's not the fact that you update often that pisses people off, but the fact that you post a new article for every little daily change. I suggest using your blog for that, and only post separate threads when significant changes pile up between releases.

It's disrespectful to always put yourself on the main page and bury other people's just as deserving work just because regular users are able to post news now. Keep the discussion in one single thread, and all will be fine.

- Alex

Mr_Munk posted on Sep 3 2006 at 01:35 PM said:
So now we're scaring off developers as well as noobs and prospective purchasers too ?

:blink:

All the guy needed was a polite note in his PM...
People repeatedly mentioned this in his previous threads.

- Alex

looking at his list of updates it look like a good update ? why you make bad comments to him if he giving us free game?
Just my feeling.

i say let him release as many updates in the style he wants. some devs like to wait a while before an update some update very often with small updates. it would be best to keep small updates in the same thread but its not like he was releasing so much the whole news page was just his updates. no one should be told not to update their game so much.

keep up the good work. main thing i would like to see is volume control.

I was just annoyed because he said he would keep the releases to one topic, then didn't.

I have scared a dev away, with one onomatopoeic word. :(

Back